• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All favorited fonts suddenly missing

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After years of favoriting many Adobe Fonts, suddenly my list of favorites is empty. How can I get those favorites back?

I have tried logging in and out again. I have tried different browsers.

I have spend hours on the phone and on Adobe support chat, but they are (unfortunately) very poor communicators, constantly misunderstanding me and going off in wrong directions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Hello – a bug was identified that hid favorited fonts for some users. This bug was corrected in 2021, however any accounts currently experiencing the issue will need to be corrected manually. This bug was for the Adobe Fonts site, only, not the favorites system in any other app.

If you have ran into an issue with your font favorites on the Adobe Fonts website, you can comment on this thread and we will do our best to investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emilie – Restoring favorites is sort of hit and miss. I just ran the tool that I have available to do so. Will you please make sure you're signed in with your Enterprise/Business ID and check your account again?

–Molly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I tell if I'm signed in under that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way would be to sign out of fonts.adobe.com and then sign back in. You should be given the option of your Individual (free) Adobe ID or Business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I did that. I can see some of them when viewing the adobe fonts site on my web browser, but none show up in InDesign. Thanks for trying. I'll just refavorite all of them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I think its mentioned somewhere in this thread – Adobe Fonts favorites are not the same as the favorites you have in programs like InDesign. I'm not sure if this will help, but I see in the engineering file for this issue in Photoshop to "let users know that the Type tool should be selected in order to update and set the favorite and recent font lists."

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Molly Doane I'm having this issue after downloading the most recent version of Illustrator.

My ID is SkylerSun93@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Molly Doane I sent you a PM via the PM function on this Forum, not Twitter because I no longer do Twitter. Sending via comment here as a backup. Does Photoshop really not store the Favorites list locally? I have some non-Adobe faces that are favorites. My Adobe user ID is techbyter.editor@techbyter.com. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just edited my comment from 2021. The Adobe Fonts team no longer has an active Twitter account. Also, my ability to help was limited to a bug on the Adobe Fonts site, only. Unfortunately I have no control or insight over the favorites system in Photoshop. I'm sorry I can't help further!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! The disappearing favorites list has been a problem for quite a while now, but it's intermittent. Sometimes the favorites just reappear without any action on my part. Intermittents are nearly impossible to troubleshoot, too, so I'm sure the developers are having "fun" with it. (Alternate definition of "fun" is in use here.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo 

Ich erhalten jeden Morgen, wenn ich den Adobe Illustrator starte folgende Meldung: 

Ardita5FAB_0-1630915972296.png

Die Schriften sind, jedoch auf meiner Adobe Creative Clound installiert.

Ardita5FAB_2-1630916111097.png

Ich lösche die Schrift täglich und lade fürge sie wieder hinzu, dann funktioniert es wieder. 

Wie kann ich das Problem langfristig beheben?? Liegt es möglicherweise an der Schriftart?

Danke. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue that's recently started for others as well (including myself). Hoping there's a fix soon. I've been using FontBase in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, 

ich habe genau das gleiche Problem. Ich hoffe es wird bald gelöst, da es wirklich sehr nervenaufreiben ist, die Schriften jeden Morgen neu rein zu laden. 

Oder existiert bereits eine Lösung? 

Danke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, recently my Adobe applications stopped reading my imported adobe fonts. I tried to remove them and re-add them but the problem, after restarting the applications, persisted. Here some exaples in the attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 1,000 fonts uploaded to Adobe's "Add fonts to creative cloud" (Give it a name please) that I use on a daily basis. Out of nowhere recently, I am getting a "fonts missing" dialogue when opening a file in any Adobe software. The Fonts appear as Installed in the Creative cloud "Add fonts to creative cloud" tab.

The only solution that worked out for me was to

• logout from creative cloud
  • restart my computer
  • login again (which takes time to load all fonts)

I can't keep working like this, this is time waste. I wish Adobe would stop introducing half baked products because we start using them and get stuck when such things happen.

If anyone has any ideas how to fix it please do tell. Please don't send me obvious links from Adobe's support pages.

System

• MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
  • macOS 11.5.2
  • Creative Cloud (All Adobe software) Latest versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many of us encountering the same issue. Hoping Adobe sees our posts and finds a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's up with this issue? Why isn't this looked at as critical? This is very frustrating. Every time I need to start working I have to disable fonts in CC and disable syncing, logout then login back in and re-enable them and then wait for 20 mintues for the fonts to sync. This is affecting my business badly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, still broken. I'd recommend you use the free app Fontbase in the meantime, it will speed things up so your business should not be affected by lost time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich wollte die Schrift «Circular Std» in Adobe Fonts wieder aktualisieren. Diese ist nun aber aus der Adobe Font Datenbank komplett verschwunden. Wie kann ich diese wieder aktualisieren? Dankeschön.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello – a bug was identified that hid favorited fonts for some users. The bug has been corrected, however any accounts currently experiencing the issue will need to be corrected manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I unsubscribe from this thread? I keep getting email notifications about it and I don't want them. I'm not "following" it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines