Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Baseline too low in Web Project

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm using the font 'Franklin Gothic' on several websites by using Adobe Font Web Projects, but since recently I'm experiencing a issuee with that.

The baseline of the font has dropped, so the fonts are positioned too low. This happens on several of my websites using the Web Project, but also on adobe.fonts.com.

Here you see the problem on adobe.fonts.com – note that the baseline differs between font variants:

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-13 om 10.58.06.png

Here you see the problem on one of my websites – note the 'Lees meer' button:

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-13 om 10.58.18.png

I tested this on both Mac, PC and iPhone and the problem occurs on all devices and all browsers tested. Since the issue also occurs on Adobe's own website, I think the problem is on their side.

Any ideas on how to solve?

TOPICS
Font rendering , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening for Nobel. I removed the padding and set the line-height to 1 and this is what happens on the font page: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/nobel Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 1.19.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also seeing this on two projects I'm running - it's very frustrating. This is using the Sofia Pro font. The other uses Quiet Sans but it's exactly the same issue.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 15.45.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @raffjones,

Could you please share the live URL of the website with us via private message so we can check the issue? We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun - just following up to see if there was any further development here? I'm continuing to see the problem when using Quiet Sans and Sofia Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you please remove the link you've shared above and share it with me via private message? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no option to edit the message, so can't remove the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response. I have shared the link with our team. I will get back to you once I hear anything from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines