• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font is not installed on my computer. Adobe Font says I have the font

Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I bought a new computer (Mac) for approx. 1.5 years ago, - I always have problems with my fonts. There are suddenly gone and I have to install them again. Today I had to use the font Source Serif Pro, and under the program "Font Book" this font  "Source Serif Pro" .was not ther.   - Therefore I went to Adobe font and found this font, but the only option I have there is to "remove" this font?? - WHY? I don't have this font on my Mac?

Can anyone help?

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- could you please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clicking the remove button for the Source Serif instance in the Creative Cloud app and then adding the type family again? When using synced Adobe Fonts in applications not made by Adobe the added fonts have to be installed using the Creative Cloud app so non-Adobe applications can access the fonts.

Adobe Fonts has two versions of Source Serif, the original version and Source Serif 4. The "4" version has 5 sub-families (standard, caption, small text, subhead and display). There is also a Variable version. When opening documents with text styled in a version of Source Serif it is critical to have the same version installed (or synced via Adobe Fonts).

Source Serif 4 (variable and static) is also available at Google Fonts. Google Fonts doesn't have the previous version of Source Serif, but it is available at Font Squirrel.

You may have to experiment with the versions of Source Serif available at Adobe Fonts, Google and Font Squirrel to get the right match for your documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Bobby Henderson !

I will do as you wrote, and let you know.

But this does not only apply to this font I am writing about here.
This happens all the time, that suddenly a font that I have used for many, many years is just gone. And I have to go in and look for it and reinstall it? I wonder why. And this can happen for the same font several times per month
But all this has happened in the last 1 - 2 years. So I don't know if the error is from Adobe Create Cloud? - or my computer. But this wears me out a lot, and takes a lot of time too.
Why do you think this is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did make some changes with the Adobe Fonts service recently. Fonts that haven't been used in a long time can be deactivated. The figure I've heard is 150 days, but that could vary. With my own account I try to only have type families I'm actively using synced. If I need a certain typeface again it's very easy to re-activate it. I can re-sync it at the Adobe Fonts web site or I can open the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on the Adobe Fonts button and click the "Removed" button to see fonts I've used in the past. Any of those type families can be quickly added again.

From time to time I'll see some type families glitch-out and disappear. I'll just "refresh" them by removing them and then adding them again. I can only guess these glitches happen due to Internet issues. The fonts sort of require an always on Internet connection. If the Internet connection gets flaky it might affect the fonts. It's also possible the fonts hosted on the service will get updated from time to time. Just like other types of software fonts also get bug fix updates occasionally.

It's a tiny bit annoying how it now takes 2 steps to add Adobe Fonts to a computer where all applications can see them. They have to be added at the Adobe Fonts web site and then installed using the Creative Cloud app. I'd be more happy about it if they could make it easier to scroll through the list of added/installed fonts. It's not fun at all navigating the fonts list if you're using a Wacom tablet rather than a mouse with a scroll wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for helping me! 

yes, it is very It's very annoying how it now takes 2 steps to add Adobe Fonts to a computer where all applications can see them.

- But does that mean that you have to have the internet on to be able to use adobe fonts? - I do not understand? Sometimes I don't have the option to have the internet on. Can't the fonts be installed in the computer itself, so that you escape all this with the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Internet connection goes out while the Creative Cloud app is running the synced fonts should still be available to use in your applications. But it doesn't always work that way. I've seen them disappear when the Internet connection at my workplace has dropped out. An Internet connection is definitely needed in order to add or remove any fonts.

The fonts in the Adobe Fonts service cannot be installed directly in the operating system in the same manner as font files you would buy from a retailer like MyFonts (or get for free from sites like Google Fonts). They can't be copied and backed up on disc drives or anything like that. I consider Adobe Fonts a cloud-based thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much @Bobby Henderson  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines