Hi!! Adobe fonts are taking too long time to be installed! I guess this is an old issue, I used to have this same problem when this service was called as "Type Kit". I can see the problem continues, unfortunelly. My internet connection is Ok.
I'm going to continue using Google Fonts! This is terrible.
Who marked this as "Solved"? I literally just Googled "why do Adobe fonts take so long to activate?" The ENTIRE time that I've been on this page, logged into my Adobe account and am typing up to this point, I am STILL waiting on 3 fonts to activate in the background.
I have Gigabit fiber optic internet. It's not me, it's you.
Wouldn't you know it? Those 3 fonts are still just sitting there.
Maybe if I just continue to annoy on as many threads as I can, it can actually become Adobe's problem and not ours. EVERY SINGLE UPDATE breaks SOMETHING. If you can not manage your own apps with grace and only end up making things more complicated and combersome. It's $1,000/ yr. I've paid less than $100 for a LIFETIME license for a similarly equipped trio of apps.
Maybe... Adobe has gotten too big for the briches?
Still nothing. I really just need Acumin Pro Condensed Extra Light. The rest of the family was activated.. WHY can't we just activate entire families instead of ONE freaking font. Our machines are not that bogged down that we can't handle 17 font files being switched on. As a designer, I think it's pretty common practice that when we choose a font, odds are we want to use some of the variations of that font as well. So stop guessing what we're going to use and just KEEP IT SIMPLE
Its October 2021.
And this font installation still takes forever.
What kind of joke is this!
This is why I use a separate font manager.
Adobe's 'cloud' services [inappropriate language removed by moderator].
Actually, Adobe [inappropriate language removed by moderator] in general, now I think about it.
The promlem is still here........
Two years later and still not fixed. I don't understand how I can keep paying for it, and getting horrible service. Is there anything legally that can be done? I feel like this is a lemon law kind of thing. Come on Adobe, it's a subscription. Otherwise, return to selling the version, downloand and install and be done. No constant upgrades or anything. I needed a font fast, on the fly. Instead I went to fonts.com, had to pay for it, just to get it instantly. May I send you my bill for reimbursement?
Does Quark perform this poorly? Sheesh
The way I have solved this is to click the info button on the font within the program, this takes you to the font page on the internet, if you click the activated font button to deactivate and then reactivate it usually fixes the issue within seconds. Haven't had an issue otherwise, little bit annoying but prevents long delays waiting for the font.
it is december 2021 and this problem still persist... let´s see if we can push it to 2022 (seriously shall i ask for a refund?)
Community guidelines ask that we be kind and respectful, however it is difficult due to the ongoing issues and disruptions that the Adobe suite has. Fonts should not be one of them. This IS a very expensive product and at the very least, fonts should not cause so many issues for the users. Fix this problem. (Oh, and Figma is killing it!)
February 2022, I have to say the fact that this is still and issue after 3 years is quite disappointing. I am still waiting for a font to instal after an hour I started the process and I'm really angry by now. Please fix this issue! You create huge updates all the time and no one bothers to solve an issue that has been present since forever? This is a paid subscription it's not something we use for free and issues like that should be addressed timely by the team.
2022 and this is still an issue.
GET IT TOGETHER
This has been an ongoing issue since the inception of your "font manager". We already have to deal with your shotty updates. Why do you make it even more miserable by adding insult to injury?
Sitting here on my iPad typing this response waiting for ONE font to activate. This is beyond ridiculous now. Adobe FAIL.
Toggle the font family on and off from the fonts tab within the desktop app.
So, I was told to post my issue to this forum but from what I can see it's a three-year-old problem. I have the same issue everyone has, fonts in a never-ending activation loop. I could post my latest Indesign and Creative Cloud versions but does that really matter? It's incredibly hard not to be cynical towards Adobe.
So here's one result from Adobe's inability to resolve this issue: I've got a client that needs a redesign and I can't, in good conscience, use any fonts from Adobe. I won't put my client in a situation where they can't create press-ready PDFs because a font they need won't activate.
It's Feb 2022 and the issue isn't resolved yet!
Today, I am unable to active ANY of my Adobe fonts. The browser site of Adobe fonts shows my fonts as active, but my Creative Cloud app only shows the empty state of "Get started with Adobe Fonts." Funny thing is, as I DEACTIVATE fonts, they show up in my "Previously active" folder in real time. But there's no way for me to turn on fonts anymore. This is super frustrating.
Hello, 2022 and im still having these issues to the point I have to go on free font websites to find the font im tring to use to speed up the design process. Its unfortunate that i have to do this even though the fonts are right there for me to "use". I understand time contraints and higher priorities for the techs and devs, But after a few years its still happening?? Its a small problem that has YOUR clients frustrated. I hope tht this is something that get fixed in future but as you can see, thats the "Suite" deal we got.
I've been using Adobe Fonts for years with no problem and then today fonts I had activated weren't activating. Trouble-shooting, I realized that my Creative Cloud app (Mac OS) was not open and usually is. I opened that up. The font I needed was indicated as activated, but was not loading. I deactivated it and reactivated it and then it popped right up and was available.
It is 3 years later and the fonts still take forever to activate. I am experiencing this issue myself, and have for some time across multiple devices.
I don't understand how in the world this issue hasn't been resolved in 3 years. This is ridiculous. Today I opened a document that from our designer that I needed to make a few edits to in advance of a meeting where I was supposed to be presenting it... neverending reactivation loop. Tried to activate the font 3 times, and experienced several minutes of delay each time before the font simply refused to activate. I pay for the complete Creative Cloud suite every month -- have done for many years, and frankly given the state of a lot of the software within it I use, I am serioulsly thinking of jumping ship for other options. Get it together, Adobe!
Additionally, how the heck has this been marked as 'Solved', given the 'solution' provided?! This is infuriating.