• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts takes too long time to get installed

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!! Adobe fonts are taking too long time to be installed! I guess this is an old issue, I used to have this same problem when this service was called as "Type Kit". I can see the problem continues, unfortunelly. My internet connection is Ok.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Hi everyone – The Fonts team hears your frustration. While my reassurances aren't as valuable as offering a solution, please know we are actively working on determining the cause and treating this issue with top priority.

At this time, the best way to help the Adobe Fonts team fix activation issues is by posting your recent CoreSync logs from around the time you experience the delay, and let us know whether you are activating fonts in Creative Cloud Desktop or directly from the Adobe F

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

A solution that I found that works for me was to turn off/on Adobe Fonts and restart InDesign. Found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-adding-fonts.html#:~:text=5.%20Toggle%20the%20Adobe%20Fonts%20setting

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 128 Replies 128
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

It is 3 years later and the fonts still take forever to activate. I am experiencing this issue myself, and have for some time across multiple devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how in the world this issue hasn't been resolved in 3 years. This is ridiculous. Today I opened a document that from our designer that I needed to make a few edits to in advance of a meeting where I was supposed to be presenting it... neverending reactivation loop. Tried to activate the font 3 times, and experienced several minutes of delay each time before the font simply refused to activate. I pay for the complete Creative Cloud suite every month -- have done for many years, and frankly given the state of a lot of the software within it I use, I am serioulsly thinking of jumping ship for other options. Get it together, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, how the heck has this been marked as 'Solved', given the 'solution' provided?! This is infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the CS software appears to be in beta-land, in that we test for bugs post-release.
It's really sad when a feature like this appears to work (yesterday) and then lets you down again when it fails the next day (today), but you're not so much surprised as resigned to 'the way it is'. Sad to see you get so lazy so fast Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still a thing Adobe? Trying to get a few fonts activated and watching an entire group of people just stare at me waiting for edits. FIGURE THIS OUT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

August 2022 and I'm looking very bad right now because I'm sitting waiting for fonts to load... why are these fonts even offered?? I wouldn't use them but my client had already established them in their brand. Super frustrating when freelancing because time is money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's late 2022 now, and fonts still take forever to activate. They never fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Februarey 23, and it's still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, I cinnat speel. February.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any way to fix this yet. I know I have great specs and internet but I can't seem to make this better or even work half the time? Since I am doing it for school, I usually don't have the time to let it keep doing this forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not going to do anything about this. Our time is not valuable to them and our frustration means equally nothing. No matter what these tech leads type, they really have no real power to make anything happen for users. They're just librarians serving up links to workarounds that other people created. They're there to appease us with "solutions" that don't solve the actual issue. "It must be your computer." "Did you try this link?" "That didn't work? Try this link." and finally, "This already has a solution so we're closing this topic." and that's it. It's the polite way of saying, "face it, you don't matter." Adobe is spending all kinds of development money and time creating tools that are only useful to a handful of people, whereas solving bread and butter issues that those of us who rely on these tools all day every day, usually on a deadline, face. Core users just don't matter to Adobe anymore. But hey, if you want to add some clouds to your photos, Adobe has you covered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember back in the day when Adobe products and components were all installed locally and it just worked? Ever since they tried to become everything to everyone and move to Typekit and now Adobe Fonts, their products have become a nightmare to use in a production environment. I am beginning a rollout of new Mac Studios and everything works flawlessly except for Adobe Fonts which activate fine online but never get pushed down to the Mac to be available to each CC application. I've had my IT department open access in the firewall to every Adobe related server and even that hasn't helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, I even am on here for a different reason now all effects are done through 3D rendering. The classic still opens up a version of it that looks similar but with less options. The old one with all the effect options on the side and the particular settings on the right, is now gone. Each is its own window. The least user friendly and bulky they could possibly make it. Even the classic, is not the classic anymore. It looks like this screenshot instead of this. Absolutely horrible UI.

Gary25928055l9ps_0-1678953895423.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And 4 years later… same old ****! Not fixed, a total time-waster.

"The Fonts team hears your frustration"… and laughs? …and goes for lunch? … or maybe this is a really tough 5-years-to-fix-problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And 4 years later… same old ****! Not fixed, a total time-waster.

"The Fonts team hears your frustration"… and laughs? …and goes for lunch? … or maybe this is a really tough 5-years-to-fix-problem? 

By @wlym

Where are your log files as suggested? I see exactly 3 people with the problem. All others did not help Adobe to have a chance to get this problem solved.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a timestamp to this reply since some genius wanted to hide it from this site:
Apr 14, 2023

Activated a font and it took too long to show up on my machine. 15 minutes of sitting around with zero feedback as to why a new font isn't showing up is valuable time wasted. And while we're at it, why can't you search your active fonts in the Creative Cloud app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake - there is indeed a timestamp on these messages. This problem is just so old that I assumed the timestamp, which is next to my account label "Community Beginner," was the account age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had looked at the other posts, you would have seen, that all the posts have a timestamp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Fonts just activating endlessly. My internet is really fast and using a macbook pro M2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't give a F. They are the very embodiment of incompetence.
They still get your money whether it works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the /possible/ underlying issue. If you have fonts that you've manually installed (installed the font file in your system by yourself), and then try to activate that very same font on Adobe Typekit, the infinite syncing problem is triggered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe it's 2023 and we pay 30+ dollars a month for this silly issue. It's been 4 years, haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I'd post here to kill a bit of time while I wait for a font to activate.  #pathetically-slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at @Molly Doane's answer and do as requested. This will help Adobe to understand, what goes on. It works (mostly) for me, so it's not a problem that concerns everybody. Those problems are the most difficult to solve, believe me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue. A solution I have found which usually works is to first ensure you are logged into Adobe Fonts in your browser, then open the document if on auto-activate, or manually activate the missing typefaces if not. As long as I'm logged in to fonts.adobe.com in the browser, the activation process in the application runs fine, taking a few seconds.
My theory - from Creative Cloud, when you browse more fonts, it opens fonts.adobe.com in the browser, but I often find I'm asked to login again each session - it doesn't stay logged in. I therefore suspect the issue is related to Adobe Fonts login status being somewhat independent of being logged into the main Creative Cloud app. The activation system in the application (ie inDesign) then hangs when trying to activate as a result of this.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines