• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing fonts will not activate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No font's will activate in any adobe program, the spinning wheel just spins for about 3-4 minutes then stops.

I've tried unticking and reticking the 'enable Adobe Fonts' option, restarted my computer and it's still happening.

Account information is all correct as I can sign in to the website with the same information.

This is all I see:

TOPICS
Activation , Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Thank you.  This is the solution that worked for me.  Here is what I did to solve the problem:

1. Opened Creative Cloud application.
  2. Selected the Manage Fonts option from the left hand panel of the application.
  3. Selected Deactivate on each font "slider button"
  4. Opened Adobe Illustrator
  5. Selected Help from the toolbar
  6. Selected Sign-out from the dropdown list
  7. Confirmed Sign-out of every application in creative cloud
  8. Exited Adobe Illustrator
  9. Exited Adobe Creative Cloud Application
  10. Opened Creative Cloud Application

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Hi All,
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing missing fonts issue. We would request you to please try the steps suggested in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/resolve-missing-fonts.html

If you're experiencing this error on Illustrator and InDesign applications, please try the step suggested in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html

If nothing works, please share the coresync logs-

> Attach the recent CoreSync logs from your com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and it's becoming increasingly frustrating. I have to replicate a template for a client and need specific fonts that are available in Adobe Fonts. Yet whenever I try to "activate" the fonts, I just get continous "thinking" circles and the fonts never activate. They're activated in the web interface, but are simply not available in the actual program. 

I'm on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 and running InDesign 2020 (though I tried on 2019 and had the same results). I tried deactivating everything and ran through all the linked help article steps and now I just don't have ANY of the fonts I used to have through Adobe fonts and none will reactivate. I need a workaround NOW, even if it isn't something related to Adobe fonts. Do I have to go buy separate licenses for these fonts elsewhere? I need a solution that won't break when I need it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign are you on? You can check the version by going to
Creative Cloud and looking under Apps.

You need to deactivate them in the web interface and then activate them
through the InDesign program. Also try quitting your program and restarting
it again. Sometimes Adobe apps use up too much memory in your system if you
leave them open for too long. If that doesn't work, try restarting your
computer. These are kinda janky ways to fix the problem, but it could just
be that you need to install the latest Mac update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did all the things listed in the suggestions and nothing worked so I contacted Adobe Support. I spent an hour online with support yesterday, and two and a half hours online today. It took that long for them to figure out that it was my Wi-Fi router blocking the fonts from syncing. I have no idea why, but when I switched networks, it worked. Hope this helps someone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the newest version of ill 22.. and I am having this problem.. i just did all the deactivation login steps above and my active fonts function within illusytrator still does not work! along with a number of other functions that have dissapeared!

Now that I have deactived all my fonts.. and this function still doesnt work.. I am adding hunt and search time to each project I open! What a fun addition to my workflow. I am beyond frustrated with my suspction to disapointment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shauna.designfarm,

We are sorry for the trouble. We would like to know if you're experiencing the issue with other Adobe apps as well apart from Illustrator. Have you tried the steps suggested in this article?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this continue to be a problem? Isn't this something they should fix? For a program this expensive seems odd to have such blatant bugs.']

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, it has been like this for at least 3 years.  Their stock is crushing it, who cares. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing missing fonts issue. We would request you to please try the steps suggested in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/resolve-missing-fonts.html

If you're experiencing this error on Illustrator and InDesign applications, please try the step suggested in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html

If nothing works, please share the coresync logs-

> Attach the recent CoreSync logs from your computer so we can take a closer look–
On OS X:
1. Open the Finder
2. under the Go menu, select "Go To Folder"
3. in the window that opens, type: ~/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/CoreSync/

On Windows:
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. The log folder is hidden by default, so make sure that hidden folders and files are visible. Under the Organize menu, select Preferences and then the View tab. Choose the "Show hidden files, folders, & drives." option, then click Apply to confirm the changes.
3. Go to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp\CreativeCloud\CoreSync\
where "(username)" is the name of your user folder on your computer.

Attach the 3 or 4 most recent CoreSync-yyyy-MM-dd.log files and please specify whether you are activating fonts in Creative Cloud Desktop or on the Adobe Fonts site and upload them to a shared location such as Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

I will be happy to help.

Thanks,
Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded multiple fonts and they are active in My Adobe Fonts when logging onto my account. I have 127 active fonts. However, the Creative Cloud is not displaying any of my active fonts. It is not showing up in my apps like Illustrator and InDesign. If I active a font, it automatically activates it. I have tried troubleshooting, but have not had any success.

Creative Cloud App Version: Creative Cloud 4.8.2.476 Also, all apps are up to date. Any suggestions?

Active Fonts.PNG

Creative Cloud.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and performing the initial troubleshooting from your end. As you're unable to see the activated fonts in your Creative Cloud application, please check this article Troubleshoot font activation problems in Creative Cloud

If that doesn't help, would you mind trying the missing fonts article steps from here Resolve missing fonts using Typekit | and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several Premiere projects that come up with a Missing Font warning every time I open them. They were Typekit fonts that are no longer available (which is a whole separate issue I have with Adobe!).

How do I keep that warning from popping up? Some of the missing fonts are in Premiere, some are in After Effects comps which are dynamically linked in Premiere.

Is there an easy to way to find and replace all of the missing fonts at once from many, many sequences and comps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Impalaboy,

Sorry for the issue. I understand you are getting a dialogue box regarding the Typekit fonts which are no longer available.

• Please share a screenshot so that we can understand the issue better.

Meanwhile, please check this article: Resolve missing fonts using Typekit |

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nanum.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the screenshots. Have you tried checking the boxes in front of "Get from Adobe" and "Sync from Adobe " options and then click OK?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking me if I've tried checking the greyed-out, non-selectable boxes to resolve the missing fonts that are clearly listed as "Unresolvable"?

If that's your question, the answer is yes, I tried to click the greyed-out boxes but was unable to do so for obvious reasons. Therefore the unresolved fonts are still clearly shown to be "Unresolvable".

Next suggestion please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the fonts that you are looking for are not available on Adobe Fonts | Explore unlimited fonts​, the message will keep appearing because Adobe Premiere Pro is not able to detect the fonts.

I am moving this discussion to the Adobe Fonts forum so that you can get better assistance on why you are not able to find those fonts on Adobe fonts anymore.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yuppy.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for the trouble. Nanum Gothic and Yuppy TC are free download fonts you can find in a Google search. I don't believe these fonts were ever part of the Typekit library.

If you'd like to clear up the missing fonts window, you'll either need to download and install the free fonts, or replace the fonts used in your document. It's not possible to turn the missing fonts window off, so to speak.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Molly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, then PLEASE make it possible to turn the missing fonts window off - the perfect and simple solution and that everybody here is waiting for and really wants!!! THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with some Type Kit font styles not showing up in InDesign, Illustrator, or After Effects. They styles are listed on my Creative Cloud app, so I know they were synced from Type Kit. Specifically, I am having issues with the Roboto font style Black. Black Italic shows, up in the programs, but not black. Here is a screen shot of my Creative Cloud app.

fonts.png

I am running Windows 10 Pro and my Adobe CC programs are all up to date. I have tried re-syncing by deactivating all version of the Roboto font and then reactivating them. But that didn't work.

Then I did some digging to see if those fonts were already in my Windows system, and I did discover a version of the Roboto font and the Roboto Slab font in my Windows Fonts folder. So I uninstalled both of them, then deactivated all of the Roboto Type Kit versions, then rebooted my computer. Once the system was up and running, I re-activated the Roboto font family from Type Kit. But I still cannot see the Black style in InDesign, Illustrator, or After Effects.

[ moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Adobe Fonts (formerly Typekit) by moderator ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this, Mary.  There doesn't look to be anything wrong with the Roboto black font file itself–it works on another Windows 10 computer in our testing.  There might be a problem with the font cache which is keeping your Creative Cloud programs from finding and using it it, though.

Would you please check whether Roboto black is listed in any non-Creative Cloud software you have on this computer? Notepad or another text editor is helpful to check for font activation issues.  This will help us figure out if the issue is with the Windows font cache itself or if it is specific to the Adobe programs.

Thank you for your help!

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked using Windows Notepad and the Roboto Black style shows up and is usable.

notepad font.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for checking that, Mary; it's good to know that the black weight is added to your computer correctly. Would you please remove the Adobe font cache files? This should help InDesign, Illustrator, or After Effects find and use the Roboto black font file as well.

1. save your work and close InDesign, Illustrator, & After Effects, if you have them running.

2. search for these font cache files from the Windows file explorer:

AdobeFnt_CMaps.lst

AdobeFnt_OSFonts.lst

Each CC software program makes a version of these files, so you will get several matches.

3. move all copies of AdobeFnt_CMaps.lst & AdobeFnt_OSFonts.lst to the recycling bin.

4. open InDesign, Illustrator, and/or After Effects.  Is Roboto black included in the font menu now?

I hope that this helps. Thanks again,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines