• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing of Fonts I've Added to Adobe Creative Cloud has recently stopped working

Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue:

Fonts I've added to Creative Cloud no longer sync to the app.

Things I've Tried:

• Logging out and back into Creative Cloud
  • Running the Creative Cloud cleaner tool from Adobe and cleaning everything
  • Full uninstall of all Creative Cloud apps, then reinstall
  • Clearing Windows font cache
  • Updating to the latest version of Windows 10
  • Ensuring Creative Cloud is up to date to the latest version

I've restarted between all steps.

After reinstalling or logging out and back in, font-syncing works, but following a restart, it stops working. This was working fine for me as of a few weeks ago. I see many other posts currently on this forum regarding similar issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Apologies, the fix is currently being rolled out in phases. I am actively tracking this issue and will update here when there is further progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Deleted User
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Windows machine is now working on Core Sync version 5.2.7.2. Mac is now working on Core Sync version 5.2.8.2. The updates for Mac (M1) showed up this morning as Photoshop and Illustrator updates. I've tested in Illustrator so far and it's working. I'll test more thoroughly throughout next week and report back if any issues, but for now we can mark this as solved. Thanks Molly for bringing it to the attention of the devs. It will be nice to make use of this feature again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! The issue with the "Add fonts to Creative Cloud" feature should now be resolved. Please update to the latest version of the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still broken - testing on M1 Mac Mini.. I'll test on a PC soon too. I've checked for updates and there aren't any currently, am I on the latest version? See attached

spencer_discipler_0-1643852389078.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still broken on PC as well - exact same issues as outlined in my original post. Using these app versions (latest updates available to me right now): 

spencer_discipler_0-1643852846777.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It got better for me. Previously, I had to sign out and sign in of the creative cloud every time I restarted. It works properly without it now. I am using Windows 10, I have checked all CC applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on different versions of CC than me - see screenshots I've posted above. I'm up to date on both Mac and PC (no updates available when checking) and the issue persists. Have you restarted between activating the fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the latest version, which is the same as yours. My system has restarted several times and is working. Have you ever tried to remove and re-add fonts after the upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that was the first thing I tried. I added a new font in, it worked right away as per usual, then after restarting it was no longer showing up, both Windows 11 and Mac. The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling everything, running the cleaning tool and then reinstalling. I'll do that when I have the time, but for now I was hoping it would just be fixed by updating as Molly suggested. Not yet for me on two seperate Adobe IDs across three machines and both the latest Mac and Windows 11 OS'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version should say CoreSync 5.2.7.2. I'm following up with the team to understand where you can receive the correct download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry this one number escaped my attention when I compared Spencer's versions.

ZRudolf_0-1643914616890.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows machine has updated and so far I've tested with a single font and it's working. The Mac (M1 Mini) won't update past Core Sync 5.2.5.2 yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows machine is now working on Core Sync version 5.2.7.2. Mac is now working on Core Sync version 5.2.8.2. The updates for Mac (M1) showed up this morning as Photoshop and Illustrator updates. I've tested in Illustrator so far and it's working. I'll test more thoroughly throughout next week and report back if any issues, but for now we can mark this as solved. Thanks Molly for bringing it to the attention of the devs. It will be nice to make use of this feature again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy I was able to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, latest version of Adobe InDesign.

This happens in other Adobe apps.

Adding a font to Creative Cloud, installs OK and works in InDesign.

After a couple of days and a couple of restarts InDesign acts like the font doesn't exist when I open a document that uses the font and askes where it is.

Doesn't happen to all fonts I've added, just a couple.

I go to Creative Cloud and the font is there and activated.

I have to remove the font and re-add it again and then all works OK.

Then couple of days later the same happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on since the summer. See my post here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts-discussions/syncing-of-fonts-i-ve-added-to-adobe-creative...

Adobe have commented that a fix is on the way and should be soon at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines