• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install fonts due to conflict.

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using the font Monserrat but we use the creative cloud the Monserrat does not appear, it defaults to Arial.

We confirmed that the font is not embedded within the PDF file, open the PDF file and press Ctrl-D. Open the Fonts pane and scroll down looking for "DavidD". Next, to the font name, it should not say (embedded). That would confirm that the problem is due to the font not being installed on your system.When I have performed this Ctrl-D – Monserrat does not appear as an option.

When trying to install it says that it cannot donwload due to conflict  - see attached.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

I actually just fixed mine this morning. 

I uninstalled the font via the control panel and then reinstalled it via the Adobe Creative Cloud app. All seems to be working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Go to fonts and uninstall the font with similar name . Then install from Adobe Creative Cloud -Fonts. I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to resolve this issue? 

I've got the same problem with Open Sans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunltey not. We were told by the supplier that the newest update would resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just fixed mine this morning. 

I uninstalled the font via the control panel and then reinstalled it via the Adobe Creative Cloud app. All seems to be working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a G to the highest deGree!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same problem with Open Sans this morning. For some reason the font names in the Adobe files appears to have changed since yesterday. After uninstalling and reinstalling the fonts as you laid out I still had the issue. Then when I  used the "Find Fonts" option in Illustrator I saw that the font was there but the name had changed from "OpenSans Extra Bold" to "Open Sans Extrabold" for no apparent reason. When I replaced the document font with  the same font on my system with the slightly differnt name my document appeared exactly as it did when I saved it at the end of yesterday. 

Adobe Support, why would you take an action like this that would clearly cause so much headache for your users? It just doesn't make any sense to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its called 'error!, Will Robinson!"....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Trade Gothic Next. It was working fine yesterday and today Trade Gothic Next Regular is not recognized in InDesign... I've restarted the program, restarted my computer, deactivated and reactivated the font multiple times. In the CC app on my desktop it says "Unable to install this font" and has red dots over each version of Trade Gothic Next even though they're showing up just fine in InDesign (except for Regular as mentioned previously).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar repeated issues in PhotoShop (Windows 10) with multiple fonts. Have unloaded and reloaded. Reinstalled software. Its nuts. This software is expensive, and I can't even type fonts. WTF Adobe. Fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly have the same problem. With me it has to do with the Auto Pro font. Creative Cloud says: "unable to install due to conflict". But the font appears fine in Illustrator or InDesign. I assume it has to do with fonts that are renamed, but Adobe hasn't updated the file list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just fixed mine this evening.  I uninstalled the font via the control panel fonts folder delete that particular font and then reinstalled it via the Adobe Creative Cloud app. All seems to be working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same issue. Has been going on for almost 6 months now, and just plain tired of it.

considering calling an attorney to see if there is some value in a class action lawsuit for all the last time for me and my staff on this issue. I have maintained good records of the time spent trying to resolve fixes for seven individuals in my firm, and it now closes closing in on several hundred hours of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 777AIA,

We are sorry for the frustration. We would like to inform you that if you have a font installed locally on your computer you cannot also install the CC version. So we would suggest you to try uninstalling the font from your machine and activate it from Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika. I will try that again, but have been consistently removing any 'hint' of adobe fonts from my directories, and our servers, to insure we don't have this conflict since it started. The ONLY solution has been to stay with an OLD version of PhotoShop. No issues with any other Adobe software in the office.

I'd say we are now four updates behind, and every once in a while, we experiment with a current update, and the sh*t hits the fan...

I am, however, surprised to find that we do have more options out there, as far as other software providers. Thats the good news...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

note: my first post about this issue was December 2020 !!!

IT STILL HAS NOT BEEN FIXED BY ADOBE. IT IS NOT THE USERS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup its 2022 and adobe cannot get their fonts together? This is so pathetic. I think the guy who talked about suing adobe would be good. 

I payd 30-40$ and i cannot use this font? 

This is me trying on myCreative Cloud Desktop app by the way so unsure what they are doing with all that stock money instead of fixing this which as been clearly an issue since dec 2020...

Shameless?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did this get solved? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it did not. Still having issues with it. I gave up trying to fix the one weight (Regular) on Trade Gothic and just use all other weights instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and was helped by a tech-person from Adobe. He/she was not able to fix the problem. Tried very hard, but did not work. With me it is the font AutoPro which only opens a few 'members of the family'. The ones I need will not work. See screenprint.

Logged in and out of CC, restarted my computer, deleted all CPU's from activity... Nothing works. And having to do this while you have a deadline and need the font desperately is really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that worked for me when I absolutely needed the one weight that wasn't working, was to open my file on a separate computer altogether and it worked just fine.

Main computer is a Mac. Other computer I opened on was a PC, but I doubt that was what made the difference; I'm assuming it's overall just a machine-specific issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fortunato Creativo,

We are sorry for the trouble. We would like to escalate and investigate the issue further. Could you please share the case number you opened with our support team so that we can take a look?

For further assistance,  please attach the recent CoreSync logs from your computer so we can take a closer look:-

On OS X:

1. Open the Finder
2. under the Go menu, select "Go To Folder."
3. in the window that opens, type: ~/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/CoreSync/

On Windows:

1. Open Windows Explorer
2. The log folder is hidden by default, so make sure that hidden folders and files are visible. Under the Organize menu, select Preferences and then the View tab. Choose the "Show hidden files, folders, & drives." option, then click Apply to confirm the changes.
3. Go to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp\CreativeCloud\CoreSync\
where "(username)" is the name of your user folder on your computer.

Attach the 3 or 4 most recent CoreSync-yyyy-MM-dd.log files, and please specify whether you are activating fonts in Creative Cloud Desktop or on the Adobe Fonts site.

Please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Sent you a personal message yesterdag with the Coresync Logs. Did you recieve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs, Fortunato Creativo. I have shared the information with our team so that they can investigate it further. I will get back to you as soon as I hear back from the team or if they need more details.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for being so patient, Fortunato Creativo. Would you mind trying the steps suggested below?

Please remove the Adobe font cache files from your computer. This should help the CC software find the new font installed.

1. Save your work and close any Creative Cloud software that you have running.
2. Search for these font cache files from the Windows file explorer: AdobeFnt_CMaps.lst AdobeFnt_OSFonts.lst. Each CC software program makes a version of these files, so you may get several matches.
3. Move all copies of AdobeFnt_CMaps.lst & AdobeFnt_OSFonts.lst to the recycling bin.
4. Re-open the software program or your project file. Is the font available to use?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been following this, as you know... and tried Harshika's solution... again (this is like test number 17!), didn't work. I then did it again... and cleared the font cache... and deactivated ALL fonts on Creative Cloud, shut down all software, restarted computer, opened PhotoShop and Creative Cloud. No fonts. Activated a font in CC... restarted PhtotoShop. No fonts. UNINSTALLED ALL ADOBE SOFTWARE.

I AM DONE. Going elsewhere... I am not paying these kind of subscription fees for a Graphic software that does not allow you to use fonts. This is NOT f'ing rocket science. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines