• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering All Audio Tracks in Media Encoder

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Snagit to do video screengrabs on my Mac desktop, and I would like to be able to bring them into Media Encoder to do scaled down versions of them. Snagit, unfortunately, always seems to create an empty audio track 1, plus a stereo audio track 2.

When I render out the clip in Media Encoder, it only listens to track 1, so the render comes out silent. Is there any way to get AME to listen to ALL audio tracks when rendering?  I'd rather not have to open it in Premiere first to strip off the empty track. I haven't had any luck with adjusting the render parameters.

I'm using Media Encoder 2024 version 24.1.1 (Build 2) on a Mac Mini with OS 13.2.1

Thanks in advance!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Preference and Settings , Presets , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is the source format that SnagIt produces? Can you post the MediaInfo for a sample file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Snagit records in H.264 mp4 format. Since posting, I did a reset of the preferences in Snagit so that the problem was solved. It now records one normal stere audio track now. However I would still love to know what was causing it to record that extra empty track. I've written them to ask.

In the meantime, though, I would also still love to know how you can get AME to render out ALL audio tracks on a video file and not just to listen to track 1 only. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide such a file for us to verify? I can private message you the instructions in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I send you a private link with the file? This community messaging system doesn't allow me to put html links (such as a wetransfer Link) in the message. It refuses to send it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have sent you a private message with the instructions. Please check your inbox. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate