• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects / Media Encoder 2023 very slow to export

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the latest Adobe After Effects and Media Encoder 2023 but I'm still struggling to export work quickly. It's currently taking over 4 hours to export a video that has very little animated elements in media encoder and is estimating over 8 hours to export in After Effects as a H.264.

System I'm working on:

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 22.34.52.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GinaFC,

Sorry for your issue.

Could you share more details about your project? Are you using any third-party plug-ins? Does it happen with all the projects or a particular one? Also, have you tried exporting in a different format?

Let us know.

Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The project is 12 minutes in length, adding motion graphics over the top of an MP4 edit. There are some mister horse plug-ins but not a lot. It’s happening on this project, but my team have been experiencing this more generally across a variety of projects. I am currently trying to export in Media Encoder as an Apple Pro Res 422, instead of H.264 which seems to be running slightly faster but has failed a few times – so not successful yet.

Thanks,
Gina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I reinstalled the previous version of Media Encoder, which is working well and fast, as before, but exporting with ME2023 takes a huge amount of time. Exporting directly from Premiere2023 works well, however.Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 10.03.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also having the same problem with a 13 inch Apple M1 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the very same issue. There is another thread that points this out, and it started in March 2022. ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder-discussions/extremely-slow-render-export-on-adobe... ) Hundreds of replies, and still no solution after almost a year. This just shows how much Adobe cares about its customers. I messaged one of them (Jenkmeister) with my full details as well as my project in order to recreate the problem, but I highly doubt it's going to lead to a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude I have the same macbook and just started having this issue once I updated my suite to 2023. Its taking 45 minutes to export a 3 minute video when it would usually take a minute. ADOBE PLEASE FIX THIS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feb 2023 same problem with an M1 mac. I had 30 seconds of 2 still jpeg images with a morph cut between them. ME 2023 = 6 minutes plus to render. Premiere rendered in a few seconds. Deleted ME 2023. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing to add.  Adobe makes it to where there's no option to export a 2023 premiere project to 2022 ME.  I went to version 2023 premiere because 2022 premiere was giving me so many issues. Jeez... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. September 2023. 
I think it's the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to get some guage on how to fix this, as well. I built a logo reveal, and tried rendering via ME on my laptop (Win10, i7-10750H, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070) and got an initial render time of 6 hours, so I moved it over to one of my Media machines (Win10, Ryzen 7 3700X, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 5700 XT) to try and render there, and I managed to make my first render in 4hrs only to find that I managed to hide a color layer when reopening and, after verifying and transferring to Media Encoder again, had an initial time of 6.5 hrs shown.

...2 hours later, I had 7 hrs left. That was yesterday (July 16) at ~5pm PST.

4 hours after that (near as I could tell), it stopped. No error log, no hiccups. It was like someone had just come over and clicked the STOP button, which was definitely concerning as the only members of our family that were home during that gap had neither opposable thumbs to open the door, nor individual digits with the dexterity to operate a mouse. But okay, I restarted and waited until I saw an estimate of just over 8 hours remaining. That was ~11 PM last night.

At 11:44 AM this morning (~12.75 hrs later) I had 7h55m left.

AfterEffects_ExtendedRender-1.JPG

At 1:30 PM this afternoon I had 6h41m left.

AfterEffects_ExtendedRender-2.JPG

As of right now, 5:38 PM on July 17, I have 4h9min left.

AfterEffects_ExtendedRender-3.JPG

The machine has virtually nothing other than the OS running, as far as processes. It is completely dedicated to this singular task. It is reading the data from, and writing to, a pair of internal 4TB Samsung 990 M.2 drives mounted directly to the motherboard. It has more than enough capacity to preview 4k+ video files in Premiere at Full Res with rarely a need to buffer.  The cooling system moves more hot air than Washington DC, and sounds like that flying battleship in the Avengers movies. And there's some stuff that lights up too.

But the best part? The total length of the file being rendered:

8 seconds.

So Adobe, what's the deal here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rabinowitze 

I would try exporting the Comp using the After Effects Render Queue at Best Settings/High Quality to a location that's not syncing with cloud storage and then encode that to MP4.  

Also, if rendering to locations that sync to cloud storage, pause syncing until the encoding is done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines