Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder 2019 - Stops Enconding if Computer Enters Screen Saver

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Very weird situation - If my MacBook Pro 2016 - latest Mojave, AMD Radeon Pro 455 - enters into screen saver mode while AME is rendering something, it goes to a crawl, multiplying the render time by a factor of 10x to 30x. Instead of rendering in 6 hours for a 1h25min video - with Neat noise reduction on several shots - it goes into 180 hours.

Problem with my computer screen saver config? I don't think so, because AME 2018 was just doing fine with that. Started the 6-houring render by 11pm, went to sleep, and in the morning everything was just there. Now with AME 2019, start the render, it works for 30 min fine, then the screen saver kicks in, and it just slows down to a factor of 30.

Disable my screen saver? I can't, it's a corporate profile that is set enforcing the screen saver.

Problem with my corporate profile? No.... AME 2018 was fine with that as well.

Any suggestions?!

A side note: this is very frustrating. We just went out of a huge issue with AME 2018 (solved just 2 months ago - hanging while rendering). And now we are back to new bugs on AME 2019. Why Adobe insist in releasing a new version every year? Of course nobody is obligated to upgrade, but man... If the App is too complex, prevent from messing with it all the time. Put up a version, get it to a stable and reliable state. And let it be for 2 years. Why suffer like this?

Many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have set up a reeeeeallllly long ambient Youtube video to play in the background overnight, keeps my screen from going into sleep mode. Seems to work so far...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines