• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder does not connect to After Effects project

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update to the 2022 version, when sending an AE composition to render in Media Encoder, nothing happens. Media Encoder opens but no composition shows on the screen. This stuff happened to me before but somehow it resolved itself. Today I've tried to unninstall AE and Media Encoder multiple times (among other "fixes" that I found on some threads) but the issue still remains. It is unreal how Adobe focus so much on new amazing features on their software but the most basic ones are clearly still failling. Extremely annoying.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, fixed this by rolling back both apps to the version before adobe broke them again.

I did this by going into creative cloud > all apps > After Effects / Media Encoder "..." > other versions > first older version > install 
Then I uninstalled both 22.0 versions. C'mon adobe, don't update apps if they don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now turned off 'Auto-Update' and will be checking the comments in the community before I hit that update button again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has become a nightmare, between different shortcuts (don't get me started on the shift resize in photoshop) and competing functionalities from one software to another. I've waisted too many hours trying to trouble shoot rather than create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening for years, I just got my new M1 Mac-Mini and it's doing this on YET another version.  I want fast rendering.  This is the most basic thing, why have I had to contact support SO MANY TIMES for this same issue. I don't get it.  It's a brand new Mac, you guys have to deal with this.  Not a new problem at all!!! I got a M1 chip so it can be fast not to roll back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem after the update yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone in the office is having the same issue - nothing enters the rendering queue. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the issue. Would you mind taking a look at this article related to the same issue? https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/after-effects-composition-export-error.html

Let us know if it helps. 

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Before creating this topic I've already looked at the article you mentioned above and tried every step, multiple times. Nothing solved the issue. The only fix I've found is rolling back both AE and Media Encoder as some people already suggested in this thread.

Unfortunately with the newest version is still impossible to send compositions from AE to render in Media Encoder.
It's an issue that's going around for a couple years at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a After Effects plugin developper, and one of my clients is having the same issue. He's working on Mac and have a clean install of AE and ME. ME is stuck since he's been installing one of my plugins, which is running just fine in AE. He can export without a problem from AE, but not from ME. ME opens, but doesn't render. Instead it runs the 'Dynamic link connection' window for ever. I guess ME cannot scan my plugin properly, but I can't be sure...

It worked fine with previous versions, and it works with all my other clients (a lot), either on Mac or Windows, and of course on my machines.

Do you see any reason it can happen on a specific machine? And of course, do you have any fix for this issue?

Thanks in advance,

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution below...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the issue. Would you mind taking a look at this article related to the same issue? https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/after-effects-composition-export-error.html

Let us know if it helps. 

Regards,

Shivangi

By @Shivangi_Gupta

Hey redirecting us to a previous fix all thread doesnt work when you >>> Adobe Break the app we PAY for, Imagine being so shameless that a company which many smaller companies & studios rely on for income, cannot admit that they messed up. Because this happens to be software you get away with it but had this been airplane fuel, and caused a crash YOU would be fined for delivering inadequate fuel. Utterly disgusting, I am asshamed to be a customer of yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, get it together.... Bout to switch to final cut pro because you guys can never seem to figure it out when it comes to exporting. Always running into problems. You guys are theeeee worst. You would think youd have it figured out by now. Don't launch the update if it doesn't even work....pretty simple. Out here paying for software that works half the time. wonderful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Ae and Me 21.1.1, and both direct exports from Ae and queue over to Me are working as expected. So I'm wondering what combination of  ... media, hardware, effects, plugins, what? ... is causing this for some users.

I'm on a PC and working with both ProRes and BRAW media. Graphics/text work primarily. Some 3d of course with text.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??? Media encoder 2022 is not encoding anything for me too??? so confusing. Glad it's not just me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on Mac, see below this fixed the issue and works perfectly fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried back ME & AE both of 2 to pre Ver. but it cannot work.... Stop forever at ' Dynamin Link to the projects..' 

Anybody solved this error..? TT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac, see below this fixed the issue and works perfectly fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us a way to fix this i can't work! I tried everything. i should not have accepted the update .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac, see below this fixed the issue and works perfectly fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines