• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder does not connect to After Effects project

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update to the 2022 version, when sending an AE composition to render in Media Encoder, nothing happens. Media Encoder opens but no composition shows on the screen. This stuff happened to me before but somehow it resolved itself. Today I've tried to unninstall AE and Media Encoder multiple times (among other "fixes" that I found on some threads) but the issue still remains. It is unreal how Adobe focus so much on new amazing features on their software but the most basic ones are clearly still failling. Extremely annoying.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Broken for me too. This is a critical funtion completely broken. Why was this update released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, just updated AE, PR and AME. Dynamic link between AE & AME isn't working - it says that it's connecting to the AE project and it just spins forever. Prior to this update it was always a silky smooth connection between the two.

Multi-frame rendering is an awesome update, but please fix AME as soon as possible!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back to previous version. Tried all of the solutions presented in this tread, nothing works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out yesterday, that some of Apple's OS security features breaks the links between AE, AME and Premiere, particularly for Dynamic Links and tasks like queuing projects for rendering in AME.

Here's something for you to try, this has worked for me....

Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab

Scroll down to a folder called "Full Disk Access" > Click the padlock and enter your user password

Now use the "+" button to add AE / AME / Premiere Pro to this list.

Do the same to the folder called "Files and Folders"

After this restart your Mac and **it should** be working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. I don't have a problem linking to the dynamic server - I have a problem with ME connecting to the project. ME opens, and nothing happens when I export from AE; the 'Import After Effects Composition' window just stays open trying to connect to my AE project when I try to do it manually. ME won't connect to my AE projects.

Your thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC. This solution did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James - 

Worked like a charm.   Apparently when Adobe upgraded to 2022 versions of ME and AE, it lost the "permissions" for anything outside the Adobe default directories when linking to the DLS.   

I added ME and AE back into the 'safe' list, restarted AE,  and the Dynamic Link Server worked instantly.  I don't think it's a question of my machine being able to connect with the DLS - it's a question of whether the DLS then has  permission to "access" any of the given files in the que.   They have that permission now - and it seems to be working.   Thanks again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me! Thank you Jamesb58502259 ~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me too on my M1 MB pro but i also work on a windows comp with the same problem?

is there also a solutions for that platform/

thanks for the Mac solve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac, the solution is below...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me yeastersay and today media encoder starts and then stops and freezes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This MAC "solution" did not work for me. I had to revert. Please fix the issue and stop reposting a workaround and pretending nothing is wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. I'm suddenly finding the same issue being had here. Was working perfectly fine earlier and now suddenly just stopped. Having to restart my computer to get ONE VIDEO RENDERING worked, but then multiple times after that just doesn't even bother connecting.

I'm going to assume that it's a temporary bug happening, as it was fine before even when updated, but the frustration constantly after updating is clearly visible.

It's one of those don't fix if it ain't broke, but Adobe just likes to smash the system up now and then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest AME update does not work. I have had to restart my Mac multipe times a day to export AE files, and now even rebooting no longer works. How is it possible to update software that subsequenlty can't even perfom its main function ??? Adobe CS subscribers should be refunded. Its like an iTunes update no longer being able to play music, or Chrome not being able to display websites ? This is INEXCUSABLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol, yeah I just ran into this too. I'm on an M1 mac latest versions of everything.  I'm using this for WORK; like really? I hope some people at Adobe are working on this as we speak, it's really ridiculous. I guess I'm using the slow internal render until it's fixed but it's pretty frustrating. please get on this, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. It's only become a real problem for me since the latest update. I've been looking through several threads on the same issue, and they all lead to an adobe employee linking to a help page that fixes nothing. It's all been super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same issue here too. How long will we have to wait for an update?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am facing same issue. Please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled then reinstalled both AE and AME, updated to MacOS Monterey – I figured it coulent get any worse – all working now. Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*couldn't get any worse...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 11.  I uninstalled and reinstalled but it's not working. AME will open but AE comp not showing there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run into this issue several times in the last 2 months and it severely affects my workflow. It always requires a restart and reinstall of the software. It is frusterating to think of the amount of time and money this has wasted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's the latest from Adobe about this issue? Anyone know? Is there a fix planned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines