• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder fails when focus is switched to a different window

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got my first real editing workstation. Not Lucas worthy but handles everything I throw at it with smooth playback, even with multiple presets, green screen, etc. The problem is with Media Encoder, which I don't see a sub-forum for. Anyway, what happens is, I will start encoding with no problem, but as soon as I change focus to another window, like back to Premiere Pro, or a browser, or my email program, Media Encoder fails. If I leave it alone, it encodes to the end, but if I switch to another program, even if there are only 2 seconds left to encode, it fails.

I never had this problem with my previous PC, an i5 core with 12 gig of RAM and an Intel 3D Graphics card. My new PC is a Dell 8920 with an i7 7700 core, 32 gigs of RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050ti graphics card. Everything else screams on this PC except Media Encoder, and even that works perfectly sometimes, but this fail thing happens way too often. I can encode using Premiere Pro but that kind of foils the whole purpose of Media Encoder.

Any ideas out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The link is to Adobe Media Encoder, and it's on the Overview page for this forum, on the right side in the Related Links area ...

Adobe Media Encoder (AME)

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines