• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting three of four audio source channels

Participant ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to expedite my transcoding workflow for this particular project, with scores of clips to review.

My HPX170 records up to 4 audio channels, and in this case I i have my current preset configured to take channels 1 and 2 as mono tracks, and 3 and 4 as stereo. On testing this is working properly.

However, we now know that we ONLY want source channel 2 (cleanest audio) on the output files.

I can't figure out how change the preset to map source channel 2 to a single output track. I can delete 3-4 without issue, but when I delete track 1 in hopes of keeping only 2, the resulting output has source channel 1 instead of channel 2 as the lone track.

I may be missing something obvious to a more seasoned user.

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

LloydPDX7,

• However, we now know that we ONLY want source channel 2 (cleanest audio) on the output files.
  • I can't figure out how change the preset to map source channel 2 to a single output track.

I don't think this is possible to do directly from Media Encoder. You can set this up on Premiere Pro, however, and then transcode using AME. Have you tried that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LloydPDX7,

• However, we now know that we ONLY want source channel 2 (cleanest audio) on the output files.
  • I can't figure out how change the preset to map source channel 2 to a single output track.

I don't think this is possible to do directly from Media Encoder. You can set this up on Premiere Pro, however, and then transcode using AME. Have you tried that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does work, functionally speaking, and it's where I started, but it didn't seem terribly efficient for 80-plus clips. If it's the only way to do it though I guess that makes it efficient

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines