Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit epr text file to get XDCAM 80Mbits

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if it was easy to edit a .epr settings file to change the bitrate of a preset. I have a delivery of what is essentialy XDCAM 25fps 1920x1080 but with a 80Mbit bitrate instead of 35/50Mbits. I was hoping to duplicate the settings file and just change to bitrate from 50 to 80 but when I open the file via text edit I can't find an obvious place to make the edit.

Am I trying to to do someting that is not possible or does anyone know if this can be acheived by editing the text file or by another method?

I have been delivering the masters by encodcing via AmberFin iCR so far and all the programmes have been QC'd and accepted so far. That method invloves me remoting to a different office, transfering my masters by FTP and performing the transcode via Amberfin then transfering the transcoded file back again. So as you can imagine some of these files are big and it is a very time consuming process.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Avid / Resolve / Premier Pro / Media Encoder

iMac Retina 5K - 10.14.6

TOPICS
Export or render , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?