• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Slow Render/Export on Adobe Media Encoder 2022

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been waiting for more than 30 mins for the final video to be rendered. It's already 40 mins and it's barely 50% rendered. Never had this issue before. My laptop specs are as below and my GPU is RTX 3070.

Anyone knows how to solve this sudden issue?

default0mk71hws211k_3-1647311106723.png

default0mk71hws211k_0-1647310742935.png

TOPICS
Export or render , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Hi all, 
Despite receiving test files from many of you (thank you!), we have not been able to reproduce this problem at Adobe. That's a bit unusual and certainly frustrating - to you and us - but we do think this issue has been fixed in the latest beta of After Effects and Media Encoder. We'd love to get your feedback on that. Creative Cloud betas are specifically designed to run alongside the release versions and are available in the "Beta apps" section of Creative Cloud Desktop. More informatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 248 Replies 248
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will send you a DM, as I'd love to get a copy of that file. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this going to be solved quickly? I film hours and hours of Elearning videos each week. I used to have a watch folder for automatic exports with another machine. Now I can't even meet my deadlines...this is really really bothering me and makinf me loose money. Just simple H264 10 bit footage. RTX 3080 ti i9 12900k. Everything is painfully slow an unusable. Where i used to export in 5min, I now need 30 or 50 min...per lesson! On course is composed of 25-35 lessons. I film between 1-3 courses a week.  I´ll let you do the math...Adobe please we need a fix. quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think you need to push yourselves guys, me and my team are really getting pissed off. For reference, the same kind of edits we do, needs 1min export time in Davinci Resolve (VS 5min more or less in the best case scenario with PP / Media encoder) , using the same Animations, stocks etc (with optimzations). See attached screenshot. For now we are still stuck with Adobe mainly, but started to move to Resolve as everyting is so painfully slow with PP / Media encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's taking me over two days to render off 4 minutes of video. Luckily, I was able to break the video up a bit so that way it's 14 files it's exporting to, each taking 2-4 hours at 10-20 seconds per comp, instead of 1 file. Once it's all done I'll just recompile it into Premiere. That way I can at least give my computer a break at the end of the day after 12 hours of rendering, and if anything does go wrong, I didn't lose all of my progress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tweaked the output preset so there's no audio, and it's the lowest file size possible while still being at 1080p. For context, a standard YouTube 1080p Full HD version would be 40-120 MB whereas this preset clocks in at 20-60 MB per video, and it's still taking 2 days to render off all the comps.

Personally speaking, the real frosting on the cake is that this time last year I was rendering off videos on my old computer, with only 12 GB of RAM, much faster. The exact video I'm rendering now is an updated version of a previous video, which only took about 8 hours to render off last year. Though now with 32 GB of RAM, a stellar graphics card, and great CPU - I'm clocking in at 20-30 hours to render.

I tried to see if I could transfer the file between computers, to eliminate and isolate potential variables for troubleshooting, but I am having no such luck in this situation. Render times shot up even more, which I expected and is good news for the new computer, but dang was I hopeful that I wouldn't have to waste two days on rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that's saving me right now is exporting from After Effects to AME with the "MP4 1080p (No Audio)" preset I made, recompiling it in Premiere, and exporting directly from Premiere. The YouTube 1080p Full HD setting would've added whole days to my render time, tried it on one video and got a 6 hour render time for a 20 second clip, whereas now I am looking at 1-3 hours for a 20 second clip.

It's something, but dang does it still hurt. 

I guess, in the meantime while Adobe looks into this, is there any external hardware that could help boost my rendering speed? It's to the point I feel like I need to get a new-new computer just for rendering off videos, but even if I had double the specs, I feel like it would still take just as long. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the details so far. If you are rendering an After Effects composition to H.264, we are wondering if you would try out the latest AE Beta (also available in the Creative Cloud Desktop app) as it now has native H.264 export from the Render Queue. We'd like to try to understand if the slowdown in rendering happens in AE itself, or with H.264, or with the connection to AME. 

Whatever projects you can share, stripped to the minimal number of layers/effects/plugins/etc, to reproduce the problem, would be really helpful. There likely isn't a single cause here, and could be one of many things (available memory to AE/AME, plugins that do and don't support Multi-Frame Rendering, types of footage being used, etc.) so as much as you can share with us, the better chance we have of helping. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me now.  9 hours to render a comp with a shape with no effects or transformation, just a shape layer sitting there doing nothing!!  Im over paying good money for this rubbish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arrakis,

Sorry about that. Can you try a different codec? What happens?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Im using H264!!  supposed to be the best one for smaller files right?  Its not my computer because I have a $5000 custom built machine and it was fine but suddenly your software decides to stop rendering.  Seriously sick of updates that just break everything.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now it wont even render at all. Just says connecting to dynamic server but never does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really outs me off using adobe for much longer. I just dont ever get anywhere with it. I spent thousands on my machine to make sure it would be a better experience and to be frank was a waste of money when i have to use second rate software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please can you offer some real support because im really close to cancelling my sub at this stage. Sick of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some ideas:

• If the AE or AME apps are saying "trying to connect to dynamic link server" and it's failing, restart your computer and try the connection again. We are working on the reliability of Dynamic Link, but until those fixes are released, if the apps stop connecting, try rebooting as that will clear any lingering broken dynamic link processes and allow the apps to talk again.
  • If AME is taking a long time to render an AE composition, see if that reproduces rendering directly inside of After Effects Render Queue, using the "High Quality" preset. If the render is quick, take that High Quality mov file into AME and then render it to H.264. I realize that's an extra step, but you'll get your H.264 file reliably doing that. 
  • If you're willing, the current After Effects beta, available in Creative Cloud Desktop, supports H.264 export directly from the Render Queue. Install the beta, add your comp to the render queue and select from the various H.264 presets built in.
  • If you are still reproducing the issue of slow rendering in AME, from the AME File menu, there are  Show Log and Show Errors options. Click on each of those and see if there is any information about what's going on. Feel free to post the relevant contents here and we can take a look. 

Thanks

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey @jenkmeister ,

Installing the beta really helped ... i was having the same issues the other guys were having and now it's rendering like a gem. However how reliable is this beta version? When are you guys planning on updating the current AE so rendering becomes normal again? I would like to thank you for the support that you given and trying to solve this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Garret_Be 

The public beta eventually becomes the release version.  As far as it being stable goes, it's up to beta testers to post about issues as they come up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!
Same here, im using the latest version of After Effects and Media encore an its taking so long to export a 11 min video, even i restarted my PC 'cause i thinka that maybe solved the problem:

Alex25647913afbt_0-1660512088681.png

My Specs are: 
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX 3070 8gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the steps I posted above your post and see if any of those help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. AMD 2950x with 128GB of ram with two 2080supers in SLI and it's NEVER been this slow. For some reason it only renders on 1 gpu now also. I've been dealing with creative cloud issues for years and now this takes the cake. Has anyone heard from adobe why their latest products are such trash? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a Macbook pro. 16GB ram--Final Cut exported a 15 minute video with effects/transitions/other video files in 8 min.  Yet I'm stuck working with Adobe for this project because the client sent me an After Effects template as a base for this file.  

Here we are....4 hours later....

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 9.45.37 PM.png

Seriously cannot figure out what settings is cause it to take 4 hours to render a minute and a half worth of video...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simply buy Anubis (renderer)  from battleaxe. It cost $20 but this was the best money I ever spent.  Renders went from 2 hours on media encoder to 4 minutes. 

The alternative is to export with the render queue and then convert/compress the large videos with Media encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I'm not interested in spending money on a third party app when the problem is in the adobe software itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME and AE are not well integrated, do not use the "Queue in ME" button.
Advice: Render from AE, and then drag finished Mov into ME. ie. The old way, that worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spent the entire day making a tutorial on how to speed up Render times in After Effects. It does cost $20. but you will never regret spending that $20. 

https://youtu.be/6O_lO8_izZg

Rejoice! New hope was bestowed upon us all. The saviour has arrived. Anubis god of the dead has seen too many dead renders and comes to resurrect our broken renders and free us from the tyranny of render options and deathly slow rendertimes. Our videos will live on in eternity on YouTube and to a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, Over the past few months I've been pulling my hair out in frustration watching Media Encoder take 4 hours to render a 10 second after effects clip.  That said, I stumbled onto something that allows the encoder to run at what seems to be a normal speed.  As a file was slowly rendering in ME, I opened a movie in the quicktime app.  As I was watching the movie I saw the the "Time Remaining" had sped up to finish what was gong to be another 2 hours and it finished in a few minutes.  Not sure why but having QT Open and playing and ME running in the background made it go faster.  If I quit QT and run ME in the forefront, it goes back to a crawl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines