Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Sequence to Video at 24FPS ends up too fast

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to turn a sequence of images from maya into a simple video but am encountering a problem where the render is much faster than the preview in Maya. I'm new to AME, so I do not know what to look for to resolve something like this, and I cannot find anything helpful on google. It may be useful to note that I also encountered this same issue when trying in Premiere Pro.

So, what's happening is that I am trying to create a 24 FPS video using exactly 204 images.

If you do the math, that should be around 8 and a half seconds long.

However, everytime I render the video via image sequence, it ends up as a 6 second video. Much faster than normal, and you can clearly see that it is much faster, though the video clearly says 24 Frames Per Second when highlighted in Windows Explorer.

Why is this happening and how does one resolve it?

TOPICS
Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

You're exporting your image sequence at 24 FPS, but you also have to interpret it as a 24 FPS source. The input and output frame rate can be (and in this case, likely are) different. The process is nearly identical for fixing this in both AME and Premiere.

In AME on your footage:

Right Click > Interpret Footage > "Assume this frame rate" > 24

In Premiere on your footage:

Right Click > Modify > Interpret Footage > "Assume this frame rate" > 24

This will show you the newly interpreted length

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're exporting your image sequence at 24 FPS, but you also have to interpret it as a 24 FPS source. The input and output frame rate can be (and in this case, likely are) different. The process is nearly identical for fixing this in both AME and Premiere.

In AME on your footage:

Right Click > Interpret Footage > "Assume this frame rate" > 24

In Premiere on your footage:

Right Click > Modify > Interpret Footage > "Assume this frame rate" > 24

This will show you the newly interpreted length of your clip, which should be 8.5 seconds long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines