Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest AME stuck in 'Reading XMP'

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I see that this is a common problem and no one gets to any conclusions...

In short: Latest AE, latest AME, windows 10

Simple composition created in AE -> Add to AME queue.  -> AME opens and hangs while displaying Reading XMP

Is there a solution for this?

Many Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miguel_R,

We're sorry to hear that you are getting issues while exporting an After Effects project from AME via dynamic link. A few more details would be super helpful to troubleshoot the issue better.

1. Did this start happening after the latest update?
  2. Does it happen with every After Effects project/composition?
  3. Do you have Premiere Pro installed to check if AME works with it?
  4. Have you tried reinstalling the applications?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall applications??Is that your advise?  Will you pay me to do that?

Anyway, After effects 2020: It takes cca 20min to start to render, any sugestion? Come on Adobe, Im loosing my patience with you. EVERY update is problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution robert_s? I am having the same issue with the latest Adobe Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects - Preferences - Media Disk Cache

What options do you have checked under XMP Metadata?

Media Encoder - Preferences - Metadata

What options are checked there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually do not use After Effects and have the issue with Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.

The issue persisted after reinstalling (inclusive deleting settings).

It's present when I export H.265 and H.264.

My settings in Media Encoder - Preferences - Metadata:

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 17.54.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris!! I'm having the same problem as you on the same versions, buddy. I found that AME 14.1 gives me the XMP error, so I just downgraded to 14.0 and my problem was solved. Hopefully this can help you out while Adobe figures out their ish lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your Win10 build number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround for this problem is to delete your sequence markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLDL:

- Sequence Markers are not (my) problem.

- The version difference between 14.0.0 or 14.0.1 doesn't matter.

- Apparently it is just any custom plugin, I also noticed it with the AconDigital DeVerberate

- This does seem to affect all AU, VST, and VST3 plugins 🙈.

- Workaround for me: remove Loudness Meter before exporting with Media Encoder.

- Exporting with Premiere Pro itself does work no matter what.

Now, the long version:

I tested to remove my sequence markers and it didn't help with Media Encoder 14.0 (it goes further than the "Reading XMP" but still does not render fully).

Testing with 14.0.1 and a new project file it did export without markers (no markers, no effects, just a video file). I also tested it with an adjustment layer and some Lumetry settings and it still exported.

I tried adding markers to this new project file and it still exported.

Exporting stopped working with dpMeter4 and Youlean Loudness Meter 2 on any Channel (does not matter if it's on the master, submix channel - even if nothing is routed through the submix, or the audio channel itself). Even when the effect is 'disabled' it does not export. It only starts working again when I remove the effect from the audio mixer.

Interestingly, it all works perfectly when not using Media Encoder and just export directly inside Premiere Pro.

It also works with no issues if I remove both of these from the audio mixer.

I have messaged the developer of the Youlean plugin with the link to this topic and we'll see if it's something Adobe or the plugin developers can fix.

Current workaround: remove the Loudness Meter from the audio mixer and export.

Let's hope it's fixable either by Adobe or Youlean.

Cheers and have a great day,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris,

Please start a new post regarding 3rd party plugin problem.

Also try updating Youlean Loudness 2 to version 2.3.2

We could not repro your this problem with that build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dima,

I am using 2.3.2 of Youlean Loudness Meter 2.

I have created a new topic about custom VS3 plugins not working when exporting with AME:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/media-encoder/media-encoder-fails-to-start-export-with-custom-audio-p...

Hope we can find the issue there, it's not just Youlean, it's also Fabfilter Audio Plugins, and dpMeter 4.

I tried many things. I hope an update will fix this.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm. Deleted all markers and it (almost) worked. Removed my Fab Filter plugins and then it exported from AME fine. What a headache, this has been plaguing me all year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was sequence markers for me. Thought I was alone in this. Thanks for confirming my suspicions that this was a known bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank god I found this thread!...was having same issues as others. Deleted the sequence markers and everything is working again. Thanks Adobe for making everyonre crazy....again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help I'm trying to export my video once I get to the Adobe Media Encoder I'm getting this Processing: Reading MXP...

How do I get pass this please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution: use another video editing program. 

Until Adobe stops added the suffix of the year to every application (Premiere 2020, etc), this kind of problem will be constant. They roll out a new version in January; initial bugs until March; constant bugs through August. Bugs fixed in October. Holidays for two months. New bugs with the next version. That's 1 month out of 12 with expected functionality. Of course this isn't just Adobe, Apple also has this issue. What we've learned is there's no amount of money in the world for a software company to release a stable product within a calendar year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the excact same issue! Trying to export a five minute timeline now, and it simply does not work!!! It worked perfectly in Premiere 2019 on the same project.

I've tried to use "export" in Premiere itself, and also as queue, neither work.

The solution was to use DaVinci resolve instead. Sorry, Adobe. 😞 

EDIT:
After hours and hours of frustration, it finally worked. The solution was to remove ALL markers from the metadata and timeline. WHY Adobe, WHYYY??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try duplicating the sequence and removing the markers. Also, uninstall AME,
remove preferences, restart the machine, re-install AME. Last efforts,
export from Premiere.

~DHPD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I found a solution right before you commented, and it was to remove the markers. However, I do need the markers on the export, but i'll add them in DaVinci instead for now.

Hope to see a fix from Adobe soon..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look at this post for how to resolve this issue and continue to use markers:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/how-to-solve-encoding-export-stuck-at-0-with-premiere-pr...

New markers created in PPRO 14.0.1 will work just fine.

There is also a way to update your existing markers by removing the guid_id which will fix the problem as well.

Also, the fix will be released soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix will be in place soon? Neat... What's the definition of soon? 😄 Seriously - fix this... what's the point if you cannot export your hard work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not been fixed in the last versions of PP or AME. I have installed
PP version 14.0.4 and AE 17.0.4

~DHPD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, which is fixed by removing all sound effects from the Essential Sound panel. Wasvery happy when I discovered it, but looks like it's quite buggy. Adobe? Whatchagonnadoaboutit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines