• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2020 stuck connecting to project

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i try to export a video in Media Encoder 2020 it gets stuck on "connecting to project" this happends to me when exporting from after effects and when importing an after effects file into media encoder. i tried using multiple projects and they all get stuck on "connecting to project". i used to be able to export videos with media encoder without any problems but now not anymore

(i posted a picture down below of the  "connecting to project"

im using Media Encoder 2020 and After Effects 2020

cas5E0C_0-1628361863701.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand this is not ideal. I found an article related to this issue. Check it out: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/after-effects-composition-export-error.html

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesnt work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, and it seems like the only thing I can do about it so far is to clear the render queue, and resend the projects (if you're sending them from After Effects) and refill the queue, and restart the render. 

The other response hasn't done any good on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, did you find any solution for that? I am having the same issue since 02 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, following..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is furstrating! and the workaround adobe is proposing is not solving the problem, instead on working i'm spending tiome troublshooting an issue for a buggy software im paying for! shame on you adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm the product manager for Adobe Media Encoder. I would suggest two things:
1. Make sure you are using the latest version Media Encoder and After Effects. 

2. If you get into this state, reboot. 

There was a known issue with AME and AE that could cause the issue you're describing. It was fixed in December of last year. However, there are still some issues with DynamicLink (a technology that connects our applications) that can cause the problem you're describing. If you experience this when you're on the latest version - and we know what operating system and version you're on - we can provide some more information to fix the issue. But definitely get on the latest version first. 

Hope this helps!

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the issue is still present with the most updated software, I'm checking software updates everyday hoping this issue is fixed and still nothing, I'm using AE on an M1 Max MacBook Pro with Monterey OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.
Latest update. AE 2022 + AME 2022 --> macbook pro MacOS BigSur 11.6.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to use the Dynamic Link feature at all (separate from exporting for Adobe Media Encoder)? 

Thanks,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to resolve it by opening the Activity Monitor and force quitting both Adobe Media Encoder and aerender (that was not working for me), and then it all just works when reopening AME.

I think you still need to stop the previous render and start again.

Good Luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did the trick for me as well! Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me too! Huge thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton. This solved the Dynamic Link Server and "connecting to project" issues, but it also made renders that were taking 20-30 minutes render much faster, down to a few seconds somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're the best!

I found a way to resolve it by opening the Activity Monitor and force quitting both Adobe Media Encoder and aerender (that was not working for me), and then it all just works when reopening AME.

I think you still need to stop the previous render and start again.

Good Luck!!

By @Gabriel245108603y2v

FORZA NAPOLI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just started yesterday out of nowhere. Renders would crash half way in Media Encoder, and now I have to restart the pc a few times to get Dynamic Link Connection to work.

Behaviour is completely erratic. Sometimes jobs won't be added to the queue, sometimes I can't change the preset and I get  stuck at "connecting to Dynamic Link". Sometimes I would get a windows saying AfterFX crashed, but After effects is still working correctly.
I deleted the folders as suggested on the link above, didn't help.
windows 11, latest Media encoder and latest After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which versions of AME and AfterEffects are you using?

If you run into crahsers, please fill in the information in the crash dialog. This helps us when we look into the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and yet no solution?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more information about your issue so that we can help you. What app versions? OS? What did you try to do? What happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines