• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder sees media as offline and doesn't render

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a two computer setup. the first computer is my main computer that i use for most things in my life and my second is a sever. the server stores all of the video files locally and is running media encoder with a watch folder. on my main computer i open up premiere pro and create a new project. i then use the video files on the server to edit them. i save the project to my local machine as a backup then i save a copy to the watch folder. Then media encoder on my server renders it leaving my main machine open for other things. This worked fine yeasterday but today when i tried the same thing the exported video had a red error screen saying media offline.

Capture.PNG

I looked up fixes online but everything i have found says to turn of import sequences natively. i tried that it didn't work. i tried rebooting the server that doesn't work. i haven't changed any settings since yeasterday and it worked fine then. Does anyone know how to fix this. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Watch folders

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

ok i figured it out. if you are working off of a mounted network drive the drive letters need to be the same on the editing rig and the media encoder server. or you can mount a network folder and it seems like it doesn't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aprently the problem is my network drive letters. On my main machine the server's drive is mounted as a network drive with the letter Z. however on the server the same drive is the uses the letter D. i tried mounting the folder the video files were in on my main machine then used premiere through that network folder instead of the drive and it worked. i am going to try remounting the drive on my main with the letter D to see if that also works i'll update this post when i do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i figured it out. if you are working off of a mounted network drive the drive letters need to be the same on the editing rig and the media encoder server. or you can mount a network folder and it seems like it doesn't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the hell language are you speaking? I have no idea what you said.

\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I didn't understan what you said at all. Could you break it down a little?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines