• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preparing Audio in Media Encoder - so many files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks. I just updated to the new 2019 Creative Cloud. I am encoding my first project since the update. When I export out of Premiere, everything appears the same and completely normal. When I am in Media Encoder, everything seems normal as well. When I hit Start Queue (green play button) It tells me that is has to prepare 3611 audio files. I don't even have 3000 assets in the project. I literally have no idea where to begin to triage with this project.

One thing I did was to start a new project, then imported the project I am working on into it. My thought would be that it would properly index the project files, eliminating any sort of issues. What it did was reassign many of my audio files. I have to go beck, use Replace Footage, and reassign most of the audio. Why, I don't know. When I went to export out of this new project with the old project opened in it, Media Encoder tells me the same thing - Preparing Audio (x of 3611). Then it just chugs away at preparing this magical 3611 audio files.

What went wrong and how do I fix it? I don't even know how to properly ask so as to search through the forums or FAQ.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

SOLUTION! I've had this same issue. It happens to me when I have a very large project, and keep adding into it without deleting old files. Once I cleaned out my project I saw a significant reduction in how many audio files needed to be prepared regardless of what I was exporting. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

I FIGURED IT OUT! At least it worked for me. 

I was editing in Multi Cam and when I go to export I had the same issue with it taking FOREVER to 'Prepare the audio' 

What worked for me was switching the Multi Cam setting from 'Enable' to 'Flatten' 

BOOM problem solved. I hope this helps someone. It was extremely frustrating for me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening to me. Adobe/ Media Encoder, Please look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here i am dealing with this currently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone still running into this issue in 2023, I did as well and I have the SOLUTION🙌🏻

just copy everything on your current timeline to a new sequence, and render from the NEW timeline, my media encoder is flying through my renders now.

I hope that helps, gang! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone still experiencing this issue, I created a new post documenting my troubleshooting of this bug. It has returned for me, but maybe something here will help you: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder-bugs/quot-preparing-audio-quot-is-taking-too-long...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I encounter the same issue.
I've got a 96kHz sound, unfortunately, but my Sequence settings are correctly setted up to 96kHz, and I created special sequences for it, as it must be -> it solved the issue of endless "Preparing audio files" at the beginning of editing, even if I finally exported in 48hHz (wich is the limit of Premiere).

But the problem came up again, and I can't solve it now by any mean found on this forum.

For my short film, Media Encoder is rendering more than 600 audio files each time I launch an export, even if it concerns a few part of the editing...

My final sequence is made of subsequences, but the problem's still the same when I'm trying to export from one subsequence (with the number of audio files included in).

Even rendering audio from the Sequence tab before the export doesn't work for me.

And I can't "flatten" because I'm not working with Multi-cameras.

I suppose the problem's linked to an incompatibility between the 96kHz audio source files and the 48kHz output... ?

It's very frustrating and time-consuming, but the problem seems to be unfixed from 2014 at least, according to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines