• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Giant licensing error

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everytime i open Adobe Media Encoder a messege pops up saying 'Red Giant licensing error'. and then the app doesnt open. anybody else experienced this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We appreciate you writing in. Ideally, the licensing error with the plug-ins should not affect the Adobe application to launch.

Location for the plug-ins: /library/application support/adobe/common/plug-ins/7.0/Media Core

I'd recommend you to remove the Plug-ins folder from the location mentioned above and move it to the desktop.

Let us know if it brings any change.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aconteceu isso aqui na versão 22.0 e deu certo a sua dica, muito obrigada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did the job, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, media encoder keeps crashing on me, I literally can't export anything. I tried moving the "plug-ins" folder, did not work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling Red Giant, restart, and then launch AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Red Gaint plugins are a 3rd party product that is licensed through the Maxon App for their current plugins or the stand alone installers for the older versions.

You either want to uninstall these plugins or license them. 

Which products are compatible with the Maxon App:

https://support.maxon.net/hc/en-us/articles/4402060524818-Which-products-are-compatible-with-the-Max...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Warren Heaton mentioned, you'll want to use the Maxon app. A lot of people still seem to be using the old Red Giant Link app. If that's what's happening here you should completely remove that, then install the Maxon app where you'll be able to login with your Maxon account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines