• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendered Audio Repeat Glitch

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are encountering a glitch in our media output after our recent Premiere Pro CC 2015 Update (installed 12/16/15). The exported media will fill empty audio portions with a repetition of the last 1.5 seconds of audio until a new audio clip in the timeline plays. I am also experiencing the output media with an arbitrary amount of blank footage added at the end. I've checked the timeline to make sure there was not any "straggler" clips hiding at the end. One 10 minute video exported as an hour and a half. We are exporting both through Media Encoder and Premiere.

I had exported a 20 minute movie before installing the update on my system into several formats without issue (H.264 MP4, MPEG2 Blu-ray). My co-worker had already installed the update and was encountering these issues exporting the same file. We didn't realize that the update could be the cause. So I installed the update afterward and am now noticing the same issues when I export files. We are both using new 2015 Macs, Yosemite and El Capitan.

Assuming this is a result of the Update, I'm wondering if anyone else is encountering this issue. Otherwise, I suppose this is more of a report than a question, unless you have a solution for me. Our temp solution is to fill the "dead" audio space in the timeline with low audio slugs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Hi Chris,

Sorry for your continuing troubles. The workarounds do sound quite painful. I brought up this topic with the engineering team and there's nothing we can do prior to the upcoming version on that issue. Very sorry about that.

All you can do is file bugs as you have and I hope things will go smoother for you in upcoming projects. I hope to provide more info on how to avoid some of these issues and how to streamline processes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We saw this same issue yesterday. Strange audio repeating itself during empty spots on the timeline.

We haven't seen the issue of adding extra time to the timeline yet,though.

Setup sounds similar...2015 Mac with El Captian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for mentioning your work around!  Saved me time and frustration though I probably should've thought of it on my own!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact issue, any resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any resolution?

Read post 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing.  I have noticed the that same 1.5 seconds of repeated audio upon export.  I was only noticing this at the end of the sequence.  My solution when reexporting has been to add 5-8 secs of of black slug at the end of the clip.  Now I am noticing it at points within the edit that have blank spaces.  That is not acceptable.  I am going to have to insert a slug into every section of the timeline that doesn't have media associated with it??  That's nuts!

I have noticed this problem on my work iMac that was running El Capitan but not on my home iMac running Yosemite.  Both have updated PP CC 2015 to v. 9.1.0

***one more side note I have noticed with El Capitan and not Yosemite is when I attempt to grab a clip in the timeline and move it, the clip jumps down 1-2 video layers in the timeline which can really screw you up if you're not paying attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am experiencing this problem. Client is furious...

It only started happening after I upgraded to latest version. Last week to import AfterEffects Sequences.

Wish I hadn't upgraded...

Peter Jones -

Senior Editor

El Capitan Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 Release 9.2.0 (41)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem, exporting 30 sec. section, after upgrade Premiere from 9.0 to 9.2.

Exporting direct from Premiere it doesn't happen. But, using Adobe Media Encoder, happens.

I thought this problem was related with xml, but doesn’t. DaVinci Resolve and After Effects read the same xml with no problem.

The solution, until now, is put an audio with 0db when master audio is going down, until the end of range.

Momi Wada - São Paulo

Mac Os 10.9.5 Mavericks

Imac 27” i7 3,5 GHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not 0db, volume 0 I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better, do the Adobe Media Encoder Upgrade, version 9.2.0.26 solves this Bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 9.2.0.26 solves this Bug.

It hasn't on my two machines.  What does solve it is checking that Import sequences natively box under Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortuantely, I am still experiencing the repeated audio bug with 9.2.0.26.

Using AME 9.2.0.26 (2015.2) under OS 10.10, when there is a gap in the audio in my Premiere Pro 2015.2 timeline, AME likes to fill it in with a snippet of adjacent audio. So I get a lot of repeated dialog and the such. Happens on two different computers, even after re-installs. Happens with h.264 wrapped as .mp4 or ProRes wrapped as a QuickTime.mov. 100% repeatable.

If I render the same timeline out of Premiere, it's fine - no stuttered audio.

I have 38 sequences to render, so having to wait for one to finish before starting the next one to render is a HUGE productivity killer - I have to baby-sit the machine for several hours, rather than being able to queue up and render in the background.

Not impressed, Adobe. Between this and failing on dynamically linked comps from AE, claiming "media offline" for one comp whereas another in the same AE project and Pr sequence renders fine...not at all happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

It's a known issue. We've got a fix coming in the upcoming version. See if any of the above workarounds assist you. I'll try and put together a knowledge base document in the mean time.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kevin; thanks for getting in touch -

Unfortunately, the suggested workaround of the native sequence preference, and updating to 9.2.0.26, did not fix the problem for me.

I've not tried the export-audio-then-reimport fix because in my case, I have 38 short (average 6 minutes) sequences rather than one long sequence, so the time spent doctoring 38 individual sequences ends up not being as "efficient" (the concept is relative) as babysitting Pr exporting each sequence in the background while I try to get other work done. If it's important to try that from a beta-testing or bug-hunting perspective, let me know.

I've filed a few other bugs (through the public form) with Premiere was well that came up during this project, such as previewing issues when crossfading between two different pan-and-zoom settings on the same 4k source in a 720p timeline; I also have a bug logged several weeks ago with the Ae team concerning the "media offline" issue with AME, Pr, and a dynamically linked Ae comp. Between those and now losing a day due to the AME bug (which appears to a have been around for at least 2 versions), unfortunately I've not come away impressed with the "suite" approach to using Ae + Pr + AME. Or just using Pr solo. When previously-working features are broken by updates, there needs to be a more proactive approach to downgradin users to working versions so they can get work done and not miss deadlines.

thanks -

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Sorry for your continuing troubles. The workarounds do sound quite painful. I brought up this topic with the engineering team and there's nothing we can do prior to the upcoming version on that issue. Very sorry about that.

All you can do is file bugs as you have and I hope things will go smoother for you in upcoming projects. I hope to provide more info on how to avoid some of these issues and how to streamline processes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin.

(You'd be amused to know this project is a video training course on modular synths - yep, I'm getting back into that world, 25-30 years later...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're experiencing this as well. Glad to hear it's on the radar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to the newest versions of everything today (2015.3) and the repeating audio glitch persists in Media Encoder when outputting an MP4. Yes, rendering from AE or Premiere is a way to get a render without the glitch, but it's not the ideal solution for my workgroup. We're still anxiously awaiting an update that fixes this problem that has persisted through many product updates.

So that we can continue to use Media Encoder with our workflow, we fill any audio gaps in the timeline with audio set to negative-infinity or (-192 in AE).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Does it override the ending portion of audio with about 1.5 seconds of previous audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I should also add that I have never encountered this repeat glitch until after this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can concur that the 2015.3 update has not fixed this issue. I am not able to render using Media Encoder without getting a glitch in the last 1.5 sec of the audio. Currently, I have to render a Quicktime MOV with AE or Premiere then re-render in Media Encoder to MP4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not tested this myself yet (busy with AE), but I see Spacecat66 just reported it is NOT fixed in the 2015.3 release. Can you verify either if was supposedly fixed, or if it has a date on when it is actually supposed to be fixed? Worried, because the next planned major release is probably a ways off....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has this been fixed yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve just wasted over an hour on this problem (Media Encoder 2015.3
/ PC).

A workaround for me (so far…) has been to extend my AE comp by 2
seconds, with nothing on this extra bit of timeline. Then just render the work
area up to the actual end of the project (IE. where the timeline originally
ended.)

I think this may be a re-phrasing of other people’s workarounds,
except that I didn’t have empty audio at the end of the project, but encoder
was still looping back the last second or so of the soundtrack. 

Hope this may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines