• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All my scans saved in Adobe Scan have disappeared

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20200911_192213_com.adobe.scan.android.jpgI had a lot of scans taken and saved in Adobe Scan but today when i went to Adobe Scan all my previous scans were not showing there, i don't know whether they have been deleted or not. annd when I opened my Adobe Scan app it is showing the error message we're experiencing some issues on the server at this time. Please try again later. So will I get my previous scans back? If yes, then when? And how cani fix this issue or when will this issue be fixed by Adobe. Here are the screenshots.Screenshot_20200911_192752_com.adobe.scan.android.jpg

TOPICS
Android , Manage scanned documents , Save files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Thanks everyone, but I fixed it, I just had to reinstall the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone, but I fixed it, I just had to reinstall the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ananjan,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the update on the issue.

Glad to know the issue is already resolved. 

Let us know if we can be of any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my scans are missing years worth what do I do? It's urgent I get them back please help me thanks 

tahnee 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the SAME problem.

EXCEPT
my app wont show a single pdf scan that i saved, but document cloud shows all of them. No mayter what i do, including reinstalls, the snas wont appear in app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vitan33806157oo6t,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Adobe Scan!

Would you mind checking the Adobe ID through which you are logged in on the app? From the description, it seems like an issue of ID mismatch, resulting in the app not showing the files.

If this is not the case, please let me know if you would be willing to jump on a call to discuss this further.

Thanks,

Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, when i swipe to my documents and then switch back its all gone???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @lawmzuala35601283391x,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind logging in to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents/ and letting us know if the files are available there?

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I reinstall the app. Won't this delete my data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shedrick5CA0 ,  

Thank you for posting your query here. Could you help me with few details to understand your issue better?   

1. Have you deleted it from your device or from the application?   
  2. Application version?   

Make sure you sign in with the same email address which you used earlier to save scans. Try all the possible Adobe accounts you have. 

Adobe Scan saves the documents as PDF in the Adobe Document Cloud. You may check your saved files over here, Open the link Adobe Document Cloud 

• If you are not uploading the files to Adobe Document Cloud or saving it to any other location, then the files will be deleted permanently.   

It is not possible to retrieve the files once deleted directly from the application.   

I would suggest you always save a copy of the file to some other location or you can upload the files to Document Cloud.   

If the files were saved within the application, they are by default uploaded to Document Cloud.   

1. Open Document Cloud and sign in with your Adobe ID and the password.    
  2. Then go to Files > Document Cloud > Adobe Scan folder.   
  3. Here you will see the Adobe Scan folder. Please look for your files here.   

Let me know how it works at your end. If you have any further queries please feel free to reach.   

Regards   

Ria   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

08-March-2023:  Same problem. All files suddenly disappeared from my Android Phone Adobe Scan App, and also from my Abobe Cloud online account, when I log in from a laptop.  All files gone over the past few days (all were there last week), and I have not made any changes to my Phone App or Adobe Account. It is NOT a User Error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Max Z,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Adobe Scan.

We will  like to have some more information to dig into the issue:

1. Have you checked the different accounts you might have used with Scan (Sign in with Adobe versus social sign-in)?
2. Which platform do you experience the issue with? Scan Android, Scan iOS, DC web?
3. Are all the scanned files missing, or only some files?
4. When did the issue start? Any details about any actions taken then?
5. Scan app build version, device model, and OS version.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Have you checked the different accounts you might have used with Scan (Sign in with Adobe versus social sign-in)?

I only use one account FREE VERSION (for several years). No other accounts to check.

2. Which platform do you experience the issue with? Scan Android, Scan iOS, DC web?

I scan using Android Adobe Scan app on my Galaxy, and the PDFs go into my Adobe Cloud account. I had 100+ PDFs on that cloud folder, saved over several years. When I check my Adobe Cloud document folder on the web, all my PDFs have disappeared from that online cloud storage, as well as from my phone app.

3. Are all the scanned files missing, or only some files?

All 100% of my PDFs have disappeared.

4. When did the issue start? Any details about any actions taken then?

I noticed this just a few days ago. All my PDFs were all there last week (week 1 of March 2023). I did not make any changes to my account or setting, etc. I use the same app, same phone, same Adobe Cloud Free account. No changes made.

5. Scan app build version, device model, and OS version.

Windows 10, Google Chrome on my laptop to access Adobe Cloud  // Adobe Scan Android app version: 23.02.16 on Samsung Galaxy S21 with Android OS version 13 and One UI version 5.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Max Z,

Thank you for the response. I have shared the details with the team for further investigation.

I will get back to you with an update at the earliest.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. PLEASE do this for me:  I am sure that your system backs up Adobe Cloud customer data/files regularly. Please restore from your back-up all my files from my YOUR DOCUMENTS >> ADOBE SCAN folder back to my folder so I can access them. I will then back up all my Adobe Scan PDFs to my ONEDRIVE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Max Z,

While we do not back up your data, I have shared the concern with the team. 

I cannot guarantee a file restore, but our team will try to get the traces of the files if available on our Adobe ID and try to get them transferred back to your account.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be wonderful -- Thank you, Souvik!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue happen this week, I scanned multiple documents yesterday and now i have nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @María Ignacia2947379527vr,

Would you mind sharing the information asked above for our team to investigate further?

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I used a personal account with my Apple ID and this new account with my gmail, i checked my Apple ID in case the scans where there but no.
2. I scan using the IOS app
3. All my scanned files are missing
4. I noticed it today when i went to look for the files I scanned yesterday
5. Scan app version 23.04.20, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS version 16.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue last month of all my 60+ PDFs scans all gone mysteriously. Adobe comes back to tell me that I had deleted all the PDFs myself from my smart phone, as per their system records. Why Adobe does not provide a RECYCLE BIN for the users is so crazy. All other cloud services, even the free ones, all have a Recycle Bin where you can find your deleted files in case you deleted something by mistake -- but not ADOBE. Does Adobe has an answer to why not a Recycle Bin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Max Z,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We are in process to get this fixed and have already started merging user databases to our Assets portal which will allow you to have the Recycle bin option to review your deleted files for a certain period of time.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@María Ignacia2947379527vr Thank you for the information.

Let me share this with the team for further investigation and I will get back to you as soon as I hear from them.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 27th 2023: A similar but slightly different problem. Used my app (im a subscriber) App says login. Do so: it states that I am not a subscriber, but have a free account, in the midst of scanning. It gives me a notification when i reach the 25 page limit. I am puzzled and login with another account. I lose my data on the first account (apparently). Not optimal. Login with my first account. Now, i am not sure whether I lost something (I think I did but given the amount of scans it can take quite a while to find out. What is weird, however, is that I cant find the recent scans AT ALL on my internet cloud, but can find them, and ONLY them ( 2 scans) on my app. Somehow it has not uploaded the recent scans.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sebastian24100677vjr3,

Sorry about your experience. 

From the description, it seems that the files were not saved to the cloud when you logged out of the application, so they were not available when you checked the online portal.

The other scenario could be that you were signed in with a different account on the Online portal rather than the one which contains the scan.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines