I was scanning some documents, then opened the next day and didn't find the scan/ pdf. It completely disappeared off the app and it's not even on the cloud. Can the file be recovered in any way?
If it can't be found then I suppose we are in trouble. Probably it's time to contact Adobe support and discuss what could have caused this delete and if it is a bug. Though the chance of file retrieval via Adobe support is next to zero in my opinion.
Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Adobe Scan.
Would you mind sharing a few pieces of information for further investigation:
1. Have you checked the different accounts you might have used with Scan (Sign in with Adobe versus social sign-in)?
2. Which platform do you experience the issue with? Scan Android, Scan iOS, and Acrobat online. Please login to Acrobat Online (https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/documents/) and creative assets library (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents) using the same login credentials as in the app and confirm whether your files are visible in the Adobe Scan folder.
3. Are all the scanned files missing, or only some files?
4. When did the issue start? Any details about any actions taken then?
5. Scan app build version, device model, and OS version.
Look forward to hearing from you.