• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to compare PDFs signed with Adobe Sign?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my organization we use both Adobe sign and Acrobat Pro DC. Many times we need to compare different versions of PDFs including some that are signed using Adobe Sign. However, we can't make it work with the Adobe Sign signed ones as we get an error that we need to modify the security settings. I can't find any settings regarding the ability to allow the the compare to happen. We end up converting to Word and comparing there. Is there a way that can be done from Acrobat?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Hi OlmanGonzalez,

Sorry for the delay in response.

It is not possible to compare the Adobe Sign document in the Adobe Acrobat DC as it is a secured document.

Once the document signed, it is not possible to make any changes to it or comapre it with any other document.

Hope that answeres your query.

Let us know if you have nay questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OlmanGonzalez,

Sorry for the delay in response.

It is not possible to compare the Adobe Sign document in the Adobe Acrobat DC as it is a secured document.

Once the document signed, it is not possible to make any changes to it or comapre it with any other document.

Hope that answeres your query.

Let us know if you have nay questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly I just foumd this and if it can't be used on signed documents it is almost completely useless. Adobe has some good qualities, but the drawbacks over using competitors SW usually outweighs purchasing more than the bare minimum from Adobe. I have two drafts from an employee who can't send anything out without at least the preliminary signature. Comparing docs would be very beneficial. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats so sad... you can use free online tools to compare signed documents - but acrobat can't do ofc

I can understand that you block the edit function as soon as it is signed, but the compare function? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  I just discovered this newest compare feature, as the previous version was not useful to me.  At Adobes request, I left a very positive comment about how useful Compare is, how nice the side-by-side scrolling is, etc.  Then I tried to compare a signed document to an unsigend document, and fail.  I take back all the praise, that is absolutely useless.  In an Engineering environment, everyday I am checking a revised drawing against an original, which is signed as that is how we control the official revision.  So you are preventing me from using this otherwise great feature, in the only capacity that I would need to use it.  I agree with the previous post, pervent me from editing it, but comparing it.  Silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered this problem as well. I did find a work around..

Save As the signed PDF as a .docx.

Open the document in Word, click on the signature a few times and it will let you delete it. 

Resave as PDF and you can then compare. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the same thing with Mac's Preview: Just open the signed pdf -> Print -> Save as PDF. When you can compare when without an issue!

Nevertheless, this should be a feature of Acrobat Pro as well. Let's hope Adobe will include this in future updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guys what the heck . . . . . 

- why cant i compare a signed document with an unsigned ?

- why does the software need write access to compare ?

- compare is read a, read b, whats the difference ?

i just bought adobe acrobat for exactly that process

it makes no sense at all 

makes me really angry right now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another workaround: export both PDFs as MS Word documents. Then do the compare in MS Word, this function is available in Word in the Review tab.
I agree with others in this topic though that it's crazy that a workaround is necessary! Comparing two documents only requires read access so why shouldn't we be able to compare a signed document with a previous version? This is an extremely common scenario. If you receives a signed document for execution, it makes total sense to compare it to the last draft you have seen. And we are paying for that functionality!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines