• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signers signature is not in the right place when the document is returned to me.

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having an issue when sending my document for electronic signature to another part to sign. 

I go to "send for signatures" , and then "prepare the form" , I drag the appropriate boxes to the fields that I need them to fill in , then i send it to the email address of the person I need to sign it.  - no problems here.

However, the signature of the other person always comes back and it is not in the signature box where I need it, sometimes the signature is 12 pages away from where I placed the signature box. 

I'm using Adobe Acrobat DC

Can someone please tell me what I seem to be doing wrong ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Hi suzannef79052197

Please make sure you have added Signature fields for all the Signers on the document & assigned the signature fields correctly to the signers to capture the signature correctly

Adobe Sign login page : Sign In — e-signature and e-sign Software Solution — Adobe Sign

Multiple signer workflow - Send an agreement to multiple signers with Adobe Sign

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi suzannef79052197

Please make sure you have added Signature fields for all the Signers on the document & assigned the signature fields correctly to the signers to capture the signature correctly

Adobe Sign login page : Sign In — e-signature and e-sign Software Solution — Adobe Sign

Multiple signer workflow - Send an agreement to multiple signers with Adobe Sign

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. Can you be more specific?

In prepare form, if I select signature or signature block, place it where I need the signature and assign appropriate signer and email address - when it comes back to me the signature block (both ways ends up including the email as well) moves all the way to the left. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I would like to have it just be a signature for a check so it needs to stay in place. I have tried properties and locking it - but that doesn't seem to work either. Do you have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen signatures float to a second page that is not in the original document. For my purposes, it is a cosmetic issue, but I can see for some it can be a significant problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signers are assigned fields including signature fields. if no signature field is available for a signer in  given document, Adobe sign automaitcally adds a signature block at the bottom of the document, whereever it deems the most room, if there's no room it adds a new blank page to put this block on.

in acrobat assuming you working in 'Adobe Sign' form mode, you can set who needs to sign this field. The default option is 'signer', but you can also choose signer 1- 6.

if you only have a single signer, you can assign the signature field by selecting 'signer' or 'signer 1', if however you have a second signer after the first signers signs, you need to assign the field to signer 2.

When you select send for signature, the first signer in the recipient list corresponds to signer1, the second to signer2, the third recipients to signer3 and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have forms that have signature spaces at the bottom.  Adobe seems to recognize them, but still makes the actual signature go to the next page.  Can you provide step by step instructions on how to request signatures (not typed names) for spaces and NOT have it go to the next page.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not answer the question.  I have the same issue, the signature is placed in a spot where it is not supposed to be, thereby nullifying the entre document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems as described above. Error saying "There are recipients who need to sign this document that do not have a signature field assigned to them." which makes no sense. Then the signature field gets placed on the wrong part of the document. And you want me to PAY for this crap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is to turn the document into a form and add signature fields. Adobe will then recognize the signature fields when importing the document into Adobe Sign. I had no issues once I did this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is a form. I double checked each signers email address was selected and dropped the appropriate field in the appropiate spot. The signature blocks were color coded to each persons email address. The 1st person that opened the document said that it only prompts them to sign by the others persons signature block. After I sent it. I see no way that I can get back to the document in the state that I can double check what was done, alter or re-prepare it for signatures.  Super frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue - Adobe places a second signature block - most times it is under the incorrect signature fields (signer 1 is under signer 2 block) or on a random page within the document.

My document is a form with assigned fields.  I still have this issue.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone with Adobe, and I learned that when I put a signature box on the line, I need to make sure that it is designated as a "signature." If not, Adobe will automatically bring in a new page and make a signature box for you. This is true using the Request Signatures function. The software is text intuitive and sometimes will automatically provide a signature box if it recognizes the text surrounding it as such. Otherwise, the text box is just for whatever the signer wants to type into it. I was getting lazy and thought that it would do it no matter what. So, if you want a signature in the place you put the box, you have to designate it. I'm assuming you have to do the dates the same way. 

Old dog learned a new trick today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe must realize that this is not the world of flash anymore. Make it work or your users will go elsewhere. 
I can only hope thet their product team will see these comments and get their heads screwed on right about user needs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines