• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add description of logic to design specs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Published design specs include specific design details of a screen (fonts, colours, etc.) but I can't see where to add a description of the logic in the page. E.g. if I have  two radio buttons I might want to describe the different behaviour if one is chosen over the other, or the validation to apply to a particular field.

Of course I could write a separate document that references the XD design document, but that would be more difficult to maintain.

So my questions are:

1. Is it possible to edit a design document in the free version of XD to add a description of the logic in a screen?
  2. If not, is it possible to do 1 in a paid subscription using XD?
  3. If neither 1 or 2, is Adobe considering adding this functionality?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Hi RobXG,

As you have mentioned that you wish to share description about a particular object or artboard. I would like to inform you that a similar feature has been requested here: - Add discussion feature to Design Spec – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs. If this is

what you are looking for, please vote for this feature.

Please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobXG,

As you have mentioned that you wish to share description about a particular object or artboard. I would like to inform you that a similar feature has been requested here: - Add discussion feature to Design Spec – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs. If this is

what you are looking for, please vote for this feature.

Please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not actually a correct answer that Atul_Saini offers.

Comment box in toolbar doesn't really cut it. It should be in the design itself and easily enabled/disabled from view. Almost like tooltip kinda behaviour. When I do design coders always ask for extra specifiactions about logic of the features since you really cannot extract that from mere XD design. For me it measa that I need to add cumbersome textboxes or extra artboards for specifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi VAR_Fi,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. You may check out this "Document chat plugin" in XD which might help you in collaborating.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines