• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback. The team is working closely with Microsoft to eliminate some of these dependencies and issues However, I do not have an ETA on these as yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Especially a Mac."  What a ridiculous thing for a software company employee to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i reinstall problem got solved, later on asked to update, and random crashes started again. xd would just randomly disappear with a crash report on next startup of the program. there is no spacific action that trigger the crash, it changes every time. anyway to solve it?

thanks.

Ita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hydrolon,

I would like to help with your issue. May I know what actions are you taking before the crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are sorry you are having problems with Adobe XD. To help you, we need some information, like:

• The version of Adobe XD you are using;
  • The features of your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got a feeling its related to memory or proccessing power, it usually crashes if i try to do few actions one after the other quickly like layers and then pages, or press something quickly after closing down  preview window.

im using adobe xd 24.4.22.1

my computer: lenovo laptop thinkpad w520

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2620M CPU @ 2.70GHz
Video Card
NVIDIA Quadro 1000M
RAM
8.0 GB
Operating System
Windows 10 64bit
300G ssd drive ntfs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling Adobe XD via Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool? This software allows you to perform a deeper uninstallation, eliminating any corrupt files. Once uninstalled, re-install Adobe XD. If the problem persists, contact us, we will be happy to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, i did the cleaner tool and deleted everything xd related in the tool.

it still crashes, this is one of the logs if its of any use, other then that please let me know how to contact you or what i can do to fix it since i cant keep working like this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<crashReport clientVersion="1.1.2.0" applicationName="Adobe XD" applicationVersion="24.4.22.1" applicationBuild="22" sessionId="a24498cb-ca2d-4e57-a88f-7ed7aa63a0dd">
<user guid="f2fada80-1bf8-4d2a-b751-64a9eaea2fce" />
<system osVersion="10.0" osBuild="17763" osRevision="864" applicationLanguage="en-IL" cpuCount="4" deviceFamily="Windows.Desktop" architecture="X64" deviceManufacturer="LENOVO" deviceModel="4270CTO" />
<time year="2019" month="12" day="9" hour="12" minute="36" second="31" timeOffSet="120" timeZone="Jerusalem Standard Time" />
<package architecture="X64" familyName="Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte" fullName="Adobe.CC.XD_24.4.22.1_x64__adky2gkssdxte" name="Adobe.CC.XD" installedDate="09/12/2019 12:29:24 +02:00" publisher="CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US, SERIALNUMBER=2748129, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US" publisherId="adky2gkssdxte" resourceId="" signatureKind="Enterprise" version="24.4.22.1" />
</crashReport>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the file logs with the whole community. We will try to solve your problem as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience, and thank you to all the experts who have collected relevant info thus far.

We are investigating a few crash related issues on Windows 10, and it is possible that you are facing a related issue. Can you send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message? We will get in touch with you for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I know this is not the first time this happens. I'm trying to open Adobe XD and it keeps closing after a brief white screen. Like other posts suggested I updated my graphic card, rebooted my computer but I still get the same problem.

Is there any other solution?

Thank you.

Running on Windows 10 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 CPU, 16GB memory. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annief14251791

Thanks for sharing the system information and trying out the basic steps. Sorry that you're still facing this issue. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned here: -https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html? Please share the results and let us know in case you need further assistance. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since a few days, I can't open XD. As soon as I open it, the "crash window" opens, stays for 3 seconds and closes automatically after that. I can't report and type anything.

There is the window of XD right behind the crash report window and this window is all blank. It closes at the same time as the crash report window closes.

I tried reinstalling XD, restarting, and the 4 solutions suggested on the Troubleshoot post, but none of it worked.

Thanks for any help.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD. We would request you to please share the crash report and log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud & share the url with me over a private message so that we can escalate the issue. 

Would you mind telling the OS & XD version of your machine?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I sent privately the logfile.

My XD version is 24.4.22.

My OS version is : 18362.476

(Windows 10 family, version 1903)

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

Today I updated the XD version to 24.3.22. But I am not able to open the app at all.

Once I double click on the XD icon a white window open for 1 second and it closes immediately.

I tried this solution but it didn't work (previously posted in the community):

1- unistall xd

2- quit creative cloud desktop app and kill all realted processes from task manager

3- delete temp files

4- delete adove xd cc folder from the adobe common files

5- restart the computer and install again.

It did not work, the problem is not solved.

By the way when I try to open XD using and .xd file, I get an error message saying "the app didn't start".

Please help,

Thanks,

Mazen Mikati

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mazen,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble opening Adobe XD. Would you mind confirming if you have tried the steps mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/troubleshooting-adobe-xd-crashes-white-screen-on-launch-on-w...?

If yes, and the solution didn't help, could you please generate the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html & share the URL with me over a private message along with the Adobe ID, phone number and location with me so that we can escalate the case to the team?

Kindly the send the URL of the forum post for reference.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I sent you a private message as you said.

Can you please check it?

thanks,

Mazen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mazen,

Sorry for the delay in response. I have replied to your message on how to send log files. Please let me know if you face any trouble.

I will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Whenever I try to open a document or start a new one, XD crashes. When I first got XD early this year, it worked, but then I updated soon after I started using the old version, and it has been having this issue ever since. I can't remember what version worked early this year, I only know that I am on version 24.2.22 now.

Here is what the Windows log shows for every crash:

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 24.2.22.8, time stamp: 0x5dc8e5a3
Faulting module name: chakra.dll, version: 11.0.18362.418, time stamp: 0x537125cd
Exception code: 0x80004005
Fault offset: 0x000000000031652e
Faulting process id: 0x46e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d59bcf3115c25b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_24.2.22.8_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\chakra.dll
Report Id: d1450b79-46e3-4f2d-8848-b0e614ba621a
Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_24.2.22.8_x64__adky2gkssdxte
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

As far as I can tell, I think the issue is with this C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\chakra.dll I have researched what chakra.dll is, and can't seem to find much on it. I have tried this Solution 3 and 4 from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html However, no matching directory from Solution 3 exists on my machine, and the error message from the log on step 4 does not match mine, so I am not sure my issue is the same as this one. Plus, unlike this issue, Adobe XD does actually start and make it to the launch screen; it is only after I open a file or start a new one that it crashes. Solution 1 I did not try because I am very uncomfortable messing with dll files, and I am not sure how to tell what my internal and external graphics drivers are in the Device Manager for Step 2.

<The title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble opening files in Adobe XD and thank you for sharing the details. We would request you to please generate the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share the URL with me over a private message along with your Adobe ID, phone number and location. 

Please send the URL of the forum post for reference. For immediate assistance, please get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Let us know if you face any trouble dooing so.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I sent you a PM, were you able to receive it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please try updating XD to the latest version(24.4.22.1) and let us know if you're still facing the issue?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I updated to the latest version, and the exact same thing continues to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue using the same XD version since yesturday. 

Please Adobe adress this ASAP, these type of crashes makes it hard to motivate a large company to invest and build a designsystem in XD. 

regards Viktor 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines