• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Adobe XD, and then i open the Adobe xd. But when i tried to create new project, the Adobe XD suddenly close. I've tried anything but it doesn't help. Here is my Log files and Crash Dumps. Hope you can look and tell me something what should i do https://adobe.ly/30gIxGT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the trouble you're facing with Adobe XD and thank you for sharing the log files with us. I would like to know the version of XD and OS you're using. I would suggest checking for graphic card updates. Please visit the manufacturer site to check for and apply the latest updates to graphic drivers and let us know if that works for you. 

Thanks,

Harshika  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a chance to update your graphic driver and let us know if it helped? If you had already tried the solution and it did not work for you, send your Adobe ID, location, and phone number to dl-webpm1@adobe.com We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has been working fine and up to date. My junior on the other hand has had issues. We had to roll back to a previous version which worked but now it forced and update and has started the crashing issues again. We need help getting it to work as soon as possible. Do you recommend we too email the dl-webpm1@adobe.com ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Apologize for the delayed response as I was on vacation.  From what we understand from the latest info we have, issues related to UI.XAML.DLL are under investigation and a fix is expected in a future update. This issue is specific to Windows, and if you have another computer, preferably a Mac available, you can try installing XD on it until there is a fix avaialable.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an obstacle about Adobe XD that is when opening XD, it is on a white screen and then suddenly closes, I ask for help from anyone, please tell me about the obstacles experienced by my Adobe XD, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beth,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble opening Adobe XD and getting white screen. Would you mind confirming if you have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps mentioned in this post? If yes, and the issue still persists. Could you please check and confirm if you're also facing issues relates to UI.XAML.DLL?

If yes, please look at Preran suggestion in the post and let us know if that helps

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the issue since I got a new laptop(similar settings but different hardware). I also had that issue for a while on my old PC but I managed to download an old version of XD which fixed the issue. I tried doing the same on this laptop but it seems we cant download old version of XD anymore on Creative Cloud ... 

Some observations about the issue:

- After Installing/reinstalling XD or Cloud + XD, at no time XD would launch, it always insta close on white screen when launching.

- Sometime, after a reboot, I mange to open XD properly. However, if I close XD and try to reopen it a while later, it wont open and crash on white screen again.

- I tried all the steps suggested and nothing worked.

Event viewer error( sorry for FR 😞

Nom de l’application défaillante : XD.exe, version : 23.1.32.2, horodatage : 0x5d9dac01
Nom du module défaillant : twinapi.appcore.dll, version : 10.0.18362.1, horodatage : 0x42f071ca
Code d’exception : 0xc000027b
Décalage du défaut : 0x00000000000d5cc8
ID processus défaillant : 0x3bec
Heure de démarrage de l’application défaillante : 0x01d58a682f046314
Chemin de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_23.1.32.2_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
Chemin du module défaillant : C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll
Code de rapport : 2d0f29e9-6930-4f0e-a805-286b2295b6b7
Nom complet de l’ensemble défaillant : Adobe.CC.XD_23.1.32.2_x64__adky2gkssdxte
ID de l’application relative à l’ensemble défaillant : App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jean,

Thanks for trying the possible troubleshooting steps mentioned in the post and sorry to hear you are still experiencing the same issue. Would you mind sharing your Adobe ID, phone number and location with me over a private message? So that i can escalate the case for investigation. 

For immediate assistance, please get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html for 1:1 assistance on the same.

Let us know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having a problem and unfortunately I am not able to solve it.
Do we have any solution for this problem?

Nome do aplicativo com falha: XD.exe, versão: 22.7.12.3, carimbo de data/hora: 0x5d844950
Nome do módulo com falha: twinapi.appcore.dll, versão: 10.0.17763.292, carimbo de data/hora: 0x270a22eb
Código de exceção: 0xc000027b
Deslocamento da falha: 0x00000000000bd588
ID do processo com falha: 0x3514
Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d58aabae338201
Caminho do aplicativo com falha: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_22.7.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll
ID do Relatório: 59a8c803-d596-45f3-b81f-747189c9a08f
Nome completo do pacote com falha: Adobe.CC.XD_22.7.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte
ID do aplicativo relativo ao pacote com falha: App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 pro.

I installed the XD Beta months ago and it worked. After updating to the official release, it stopped working.

Every time I launch the application it opens a white window that stays open for a few seconds and then closes.

Things I have already tried:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, including erasing all data

2. Updated to the latest version of CC and XD

3. Updated my graphics card drivers

4. Disconnected from network, proxy etc.

5. Updated my Windows 10 to the latest version

Please Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking care of the initial troubleshooting.

Can you try doing a clean installation of Adobe XD? Uninstall Adobe XD using the CC cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems , and reinstall the software using your CC desktop app. Let us know how it went.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, the cleaner tool didn't work. When I ran the tool after uninstalling the application, it didn't even appear in the list of applications to clean.

I then tried installing XD and then using the tool, this time the application did appear in the cleaner so I removed it with the tool, but when I installed it again it still didn't work.

I restarted my computer between each action.

please help!

Thanks

Yaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have done pretty much everything that was required. Thank you for that.

Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with a link to this post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem for well over a month.  Support was worthless.  It's very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a case number to share with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sir i have same problem and it is so frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost the same situation, white screen and close, but sometimes the program is run, but when you select an item, the program hangs and closes. I upgraded Windows to the latest version, deleted XD and reinstalled again, nothing helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue - Windows 10, fresh installation of XD, first boot I got as far as a prompt to try the tutorial, clicked that and the app closed. Now when opening I get a brief blank screen and then it closes.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting app from windows app's settings? It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, and this is the first step I tried.

(EDIT: This isn't threaded so the "this" is "Have you tried resetting app from windows app's settings? It worked for me.". Clearly it worked for some but not me)

I'm now being told this:

"Your developer licence has expired. To continue to use this app, please renew your licence.".

I'll try other things - first of all uninstalling and reinstalling.

This is on a brand new PC - I've had it < week and put on a browser, Lightroom and a few office tools like Slack.

I'll also look for it on the app store if it's a Win app.

(EDIT: Argh, it's not in the app store, but it also seems to have deleted its own setup file. How tiresome)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines