Highlighted

TROUBLESHOOTING: Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions in Part One (below)

Part One:

Part two:

If the faulting module path in Event Viewer points to UI.XAML.DLL filethe team is investigating this issue and we are hoping for the fix to be addressed in an update soon. If you have another computer handy, especially a Mac, you could try installing XD on it until then.

Just in case you aren’t comfortable performing these procedure on your own, you can contact Adobe Tech Support using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m Use the chat button on the page to get started.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ls_rbls | Adobe Community Professional

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html we can clearly see that Adobe XD is an app supported in 64bit operating systems with 64 bit supported processors.

Using this logic as an troubleshooting approach, let's remember that in MS Windows 64-bit programs are installed in the “C:\Program Files” folder and 32-bit programs are installed in “C:\Program Files (x86)” folder.

However, the systemwide module (.dll) libraries that belong to 32-bit programs and 64-bit program are handled quite differently between the application and the operating system, and they are separated into two different folders.

In any case, from examining the different crash dumps that users are sharing, one out of three events is always identified consistently by the error event handling in MS Windows : the faulting applicattion name " XD.exe" or "XD CC.exe".

If we take as an example any of the Adobe XD's crash logs that Adobe XD users are submitting, thereare two areas of interest in the crash dumps are:

- The exception code: it varies from user to user (0xc0000008, 0xc000027b, 0xc0000409 for example)

- Faulting Module name(s): it varies from user to user (ntdll.dll, twinapi.appcore.dll)

Now, even though the exception code and the faulting module events vary from user to user, there is another area that seems to also remain constant. That is the application's faulting path C:\Windows\System32

So going back to what I said earlier about where 32 and 64 bit programs are installed, you should be asking yourself "What heppened to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 ? Did we forget about it?"

System32 is the system wide library folder in MS Windows. However, keeping in mind that Adobe XD is a 64bit app, why is it trying to load or register a module (.dll) in a known area that is reserved for 32bit apps when it is loaded up ?

That said, and in spite of the growing clutter of troubleshooting threads that I've seen in the community forums, I would like to highlight a few suggestions to work around this fault exception.

If a 64 bit (.dll) module is failing to load you can re-register that server module using this command : regsvr32 followed by the .dll module name.

EXAMPLE: You will need to open the command prompt, prefereably as Administrator go to C:\Windows\System32. Then type regsvr32 twinapi.appcore.dll and hit Enter.
like this C:\Windows\System32 > regsvr32 twinapi.appcore.dll

OR,

If using Windows Explorer you can also copy twinapi.appcore.dll and paste it in

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 then repeat the step above in the SysWOW64 directory:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 > regsvr32 twinapi.appcore.dll

NOTE: Conversely, you can use /u parameter to unregister a module

As I read in a post outside if the Adobe forums, the tricky part is to always remember that that the 32-bit .dll should be registered into C:\Windows\SysWOW64, and the 64-bit .dll should be registered into C:\Windows\System32. This is a little different than following the logic of "64-bit programs are installed in the “C:\Program Files” folder and 32-bit programs are installed in “C:\Program Files (x86)” folder".

To explain how virtulal memory addressing is handled between the OS and the application is beyond the scope of this tip. And to explain how System32 and SysWOW64 works is also beyond this scope but I hope that the suggestions above could help someone.

TOPICS
Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

TROUBLESHOOTING: Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions in Part One (below)

Part One:

Part two:

If the faulting module path in Event Viewer points to UI.XAML.DLL filethe team is investigating this issue and we are hoping for the fix to be addressed in an update soon. If you have another computer handy, especially a Mac, you could try installing XD on it until then.

Just in case you aren’t comfortable performing these procedure on your own, you can contact Adobe Tech Support using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m Use the chat button on the page to get started.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ls_rbls | Adobe Community Professional

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html we can clearly see that Adobe XD is an app supported in 64bit operating systems with 64 bit supported processors.

Using this logic as an troubleshooting approach, let's remember that in MS Windows 64-bit programs are installed in the “C:\Program Files” folder and 32-bit programs are installed in “C:\Program Files (x86)” folder.

However, the systemwide module (.dll) libraries that belong to 32-bit programs and 64-bit program are handled quite differently between the application and the operating system, and they are separated into two different folders.

In any case, from examining the different crash dumps that users are sharing, one out of three events is always identified consistently by the error event handling in MS Windows : the faulting applicattion name " XD.exe" or "XD CC.exe".

If we take as an example any of the Adobe XD's crash logs that Adobe XD users are submitting, thereare two areas of interest in the crash dumps are:

- The exception code: it varies from user to user (0xc0000008, 0xc000027b, 0xc0000409 for example)

- Faulting Module name(s): it varies from user to user (ntdll.dll, twinapi.appcore.dll)

Now, even though the exception code and the faulting module events vary from user to user, there is another area that seems to also remain constant. That is the application's faulting path C:\Windows\System32

So going back to what I said earlier about where 32 and 64 bit programs are installed, you should be asking yourself "What heppened to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 ? Did we forget about it?"

System32 is the system wide library folder in MS Windows. However, keeping in mind that Adobe XD is a 64bit app, why is it trying to load or register a module (.dll) in a known area that is reserved for 32bit apps when it is loaded up ?

That said, and in spite of the growing clutter of troubleshooting threads that I've seen in the community forums, I would like to highlight a few suggestions to work around this fault exception.

If a 64 bit (.dll) module is failing to load you can re-register that server module using this command : regsvr32 followed by the .dll module name.

EXAMPLE: You will need to open the command prompt, prefereably as Administrator go to C:\Windows\System32. Then type regsvr32 twinapi.appcore.dll and hit Enter.
like this C:\Windows\System32 > regsvr32 twinapi.appcore.dll

OR,

If using Windows Explorer you can also copy twinapi.appcore.dll and paste it in

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 then repeat the step above in the SysWOW64 directory:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 > regsvr32 twinapi.appcore.dll

NOTE: Conversely, you can use /u parameter to unregister a module

As I read in a post outside if the Adobe forums, the tricky part is to always remember that that the 32-bit .dll should be registered into C:\Windows\SysWOW64, and the 64-bit .dll should be registered into C:\Windows\System32. This is a little different than following the logic of "64-bit programs are installed in the “C:\Program Files” folder and 32-bit programs are installed in “C:\Program Files (x86)” folder".

To explain how virtulal memory addressing is handled between the OS and the application is beyond the scope of this tip. And to explain how System32 and SysWOW64 works is also beyond this scope but I hope that the suggestions above could help someone.

TOPICS
Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 11, 2019 1
343 Replies 343
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've restarted my PC, and also tried the delete registry key fix but those solutions don't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be sure, did you follow the solution in XD shows blank white screen ? Are you on the latest version of Adobe XD? If your answer is yes to both these questions, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with a link to this forum post over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 pro.

I installed the XD Beta months ago and it worked. After updating to the official release, it stopped working.

Every time I launch the application it opens a white window that stays open for a few seconds and then closes.

Things I have already tried:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, including erasing all data

2. Updated to the latest version of CC and XD

3. Updated my graphics card drivers

4. Disconnected from network, proxy etc.

5. Updated my Windows 10 to the latest version

Please Help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking care of the initial troubleshooting.

Can you try doing a clean installation of Adobe XD? Uninstall Adobe XD using the CC cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems , and reinstall the software using your CC desktop app. Let us know how it went.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 1
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, the cleaner tool didn't work. When I ran the tool after uninstalling the application, it didn't even appear in the list of applications to clean.

I then tried installing XD and then using the tool, this time the application did appear in the cleaner so I removed it with the tool, but when I installed it again it still didn't work.

I restarted my computer between each action.

please help!

Thanks

Yaron

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have done pretty much everything that was required. Thank you for that.

Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with a link to this post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem for well over a month.  Support was worthless.  It's very frustrating!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a case number to share with us?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Can you help me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2018 1
9 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sir i have same problem and it is so frustrating

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
9 hours ago 0
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost the same situation, white screen and close, but sometimes the program is run, but when you select an item, the program hangs and closes. I upgraded Windows to the latest version, deleted XD and reinstalled again, nothing helped.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue - Windows 10, fresh installation of XD, first boot I got as far as a prompt to try the tutorial, clicked that and the app closed. Now when opening I get a brief blank screen and then it closes.    

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 1
New Here ,
May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting app from windows app's settings? It worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2018 3
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, and this is the first step I tried.

(EDIT: This isn't threaded so the "this" is "Have you tried resetting app from windows app's settings? It worked for me.". Clearly it worked for some but not me)

I'm now being told this:

"Your developer licence has expired. To continue to use this app, please renew your licence.".

I'll try other things - first of all uninstalling and reinstalling.

This is on a brand new PC - I've had it < week and put on a browser, Lightroom and a few office tools like Slack.

I'll also look for it on the app store if it's a Win app.

(EDIT: Argh, it's not in the app store, but it also seems to have deleted its own setup file. How tiresome)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for the sake of letting folks know what resolution worked for me, I checked Event Viewer and noticed twinapi.appcore.dll so first trying reinstall via Adobe XD Cloud app which didn't work, following those instructions did.

Lovely; looking forward to seeing what XD has and if my team might usefully start using it instead of our existing mish-mash of preferred apps.

One small note: I wasn't sure what apps to shut down on that step that says to kill all related processes... which actually need to be shut down and how do I know what the related processes are? Could that be clarified for folks who aren't as kill-task-happy as me in future?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch. Kill all related processes - this refers to all Adobe XD related processes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I also have this issue - uninstalled all the Adobe apps, used the cleaner and after a couple of reboots I tried to install Creative Cloud / Adobe XD again in Windows 10 machine. Program starts with a blank window, closes after 2 seconds. Haven't been able to get it to work. Can someone please help me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, are you on an official version of Windows 10 that is required to install Adobe XD? See Adobe XD System requirements​ for more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Yes - I have an official version of Windows 10 Pro. I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on this device. I have checked the Windows 10 updater and it tells me I have the latest version installed.

Greetings,

Charly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. The quickest way to get in touch with us would be by using this link Contact Customer Care

If you would like to me to raise a support case, please send me the info I requested for in the message marked as correct.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just explain the solution on this post, seems like you're creating a lot of unnecessary duplicated work considering this is one of the top results for a Google search on this issue--which seems prevalent.

I am also having this issue, but I don't feel like going through a support case so I'm going to use marvelapp as a solution (marvelapp.com)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2018 4
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your approach is bad in my opinion, you should tell your solution to all others...so others can see it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide me with the following info?

1. Open Windows Event Viewer
  2. Go to Windows Logs > Application
  3. Check for Error

Do you see twinapi.appcore.dll listed against the faulting module path?

Error: Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000000bd598

Faulting process id: 0x251c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4af56ad394b61

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_14.0.42.14_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report Id: ba9d5bef-e4cf-4750-8246-2c367f5c5ea9

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_14.0.42.14_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 4
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you continue to face this issue, please join this discussion. https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/TROUBLESHOOTING-Adobe-XD-crashes-on-launch-on-Windows-10/td-...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 10
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your advice worked Preran ... thx

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran!

I had this same exact issue on a NEW install of Windows 10 Home with ALL Windows updates installed!

I installed the Adobe XD downloaded from adobe.com and after install, I immediately got the white screen for 3 seconds and then it closes!

What fixed it for me was deleting all %temp% files, or atleast all the ones I could delete and rebooted my computer.

That seems to fix the issue for me! I am now working in Adobe XD for the first time!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2019 2
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the solution here, much appreciate it. This should serve to guide other users that are not served by the solution I previously posted.

Have a wonderful day.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this work for me, thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Update your windows 10. Not reinstall. go to Settings > Update & Security > Check for update. Works for me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been trying to use XD for a whole year but it's always crashing, I've installed, resinstalled, deleted temp files, did every solution but nothing has sorted out my problem, here is my event viewer log.

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 20.1.12.4, time stamp: 0x5d0c140f

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17134.799, time stamp: 0x4c4ad50a

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000006a6552

Faulting process ID: 0x36ac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d534eb9d7a0ae5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_20.1.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Report ID: 09172a06-2f8f-4bfc-bedf-0f25a75c5eee

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_20.1.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

XD.exe

5d0c140f

Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

4c4ad50a

c000027b

00000000006a6552

36ac

01d534eb9d7a0ae5

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_20.1.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe

C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

09172a06-2f8f-4bfc-bedf-0f25a75c5eee

Adobe.CC.XD_20.1.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte

App

I see that my Windows.UI.Xaml.dll is the problem...is there a fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble using Adobe XD. Thank you for performing the initial troubleshooting procedure. Could you please confirm if you have performed the solution mentioned in post # 17 as a correct answer to this post?

We'll take it from there.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hi there.

I have performed that, I have narrowed down my issue to

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Someone else had the same faulting module path

Adobe XD crashes  reply 14. "solved that by going to C:\Program Files and make sure that my current Windows user have Full Control with the WindowsApps folder"

This didn't work for me.  Anymore suggestions please?

Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. To proceed further, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for further investigation.

Please let me know if you face any issue with this. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as everyone above. I'm on Windows 10 1903. I've tried the uninstall/clean/reinstall remediation and changing the GPU, both with no success. Here's the crash from event viewer. Any help?

XD.exe
5d393c4b
twinapi.appcore.dll
42f071ca
c000027b
00000000000d5cc8
2dbc
01d54e29590901df
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_21.2.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll
f3058e3a-b677-4008-95be-344908d3bc12
Adobe.CC.XD_21.2.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte

App

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

We're sorry to hear you are facing trouble using XD and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps and sharing the details. We'd request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello XD supporter,

Tomorrow I update Adobe XD with Adobe creative cloud update version. But after updating adobe xd not launching anymore. I can't open adobe xd file. Two of my project running on Adobe xd. From last night I can't work on it. Please support team, fix the bug. And I'm a windows user, so, I have no option to use Sketch, Otherwise, I didn't use Adobe XD anymore. Here is the link of desktop video recorder. issue.webm - Google Drive

I also update my GPU driver, reinstall adobe xd. And when it's not solving, I reset up my OS last night, but after working sometimes, it shows the same problem again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sourabh,

Sorry that you are unable to open the document in Adobe XD and it crashes after a white screen. Could you please try the steps mentioned here: - Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows and update this discussion with the results?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update with the most recent build: 4.2.0.25 and let us know if you are able to open Xd without crashing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please restart your PC.

Then it will work successfully.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 1
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me too, Adobe XD launches on white screen, but when i execute directly a sample file, the preview pane works

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble launching Adobe XD. Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/troubleshooting-adobe-xd-crashes-white-screen-on-launch-on-w...

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

I am also merging the post with the shared post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are using creative cloud and have just installed XD on a windows 10 Version 1809, 64bit. When starting XD either via creative cloud or via the windows menu it shows a white screen and crashes. The solution we found here under

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/after-launch-adobe-xd-shows-white-screen-and-crashes.html

does not work - the access rights are already correctly set. The windows error code is 0xc000027b / error modul twinapi.appcore.dll / XD CC.exe

Would appreciate any help on this.

Thank you

Uli

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying the initial troubleshooting procedures and letting us know. Can you try the solution in XD Opens with white screen and immediately closes​ and let us know if it helped?

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Preran,

thank you - just tried this - and it worked. 

Best Regards

Uli

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting me know. Glad to hear that you are all set.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied several troubleshooting for this problem but XD still could not be open.

The error of crash was below. Please give me some help.

Faulting application name: XD CC.exe, version: 16.0.2.8, time stamp: 0x5c52eba9

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17134.137, time stamp: 0xb5d50228

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000009cad5

Faulting process id: 0x3970

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4d618b1f83a1a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_16.0.2.8_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report Id: d9308342-47ca-48f4-9756-9bb80b049f52

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_16.0.2.8_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shinichis,

Sorry that you are unable to use Adobe XD as its crashing with after the white screen. Could you please try the steps mentioned here: - Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows and update this discussion with the results.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2019 1
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this measure but it could not work well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shinichis, as you have tried the steps mentioned in this link and this issue still persists, I would request you to raise a ticket with our support team. Please go to www.adobe.com, then go to "Support" tab and click on the Contact support button after signing in to www.adobe.com. After that, follow the onscreen instructions in the chat windows on the bottom right corner.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same issue. It is down right outrages that Adobe want people to mess around in Windows registry to solve this. I'm lost for words! XD must be the most troubled product I have ever used from the Adobe suite. I'm chocked it's not taken off market cause with all the serious issues it hurts the credibility of Adobe on a serious level. Edit registry files in Windows - it's amazing. We have two operating systems and Adobe never bother to actually test the software consistently on any of them cause there's always the customers job til report all the issues, if Adobe had actually used the product themselves they would have discovered errors themselves as well instead of laying this responsibility on their users. Jisses Adobe. Editing the registry files in Windows to get XD going - c'mon really??!!

Do you expect any user to do edit this code and engineer themselves to a possible solution?!

Error: Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000000bd598

Faulting process id: 0x251c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4af56ad394b61

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_14.0.42.14_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report Id: ba9d5bef-e4cf-4750-8246-2c367f5c5ea9

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_14.0.42.14_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Sorry that you encountered this error. For this specific issue, we just have to check the faulty module path, and if its twinapi.appcore.dll then, we have to try the steps mentioned here: Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows. Attached is the screenshot from this article.

I understand this could be frustrating for you to troubleshooting these error while working. However, I would really appreciate your patience with it.

Hope this helps, please let us know the OS build which you are using in case you are unable to fix this error by these steps.

Thanks.

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate