Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD lagging/Freezing in my windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Team!
I have a good config PC but still adobe xd lags after creating more than 3 artboards. How can I fix the lagging, I even uninstalled the creative cloud and used CC cleaner but still nothing changed.
somehow am managing if this keeps on happening I have to switch to another software.

My PC Config:
AMD 2600
16GB Ram 3000mhz
120GB SSD
Asus RX480 GFX 4gb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishek,

We apologize for the frustration. Would you mind telling us the version of XD installed on your machine? Does that happen with every file or with a specific file? Could you please create a short video of the workflow and share it with us?

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!
This happens with every file, I even reinstalled my windows still the problem didn't get fixed, I have attached the video, ram usage, and XD file version to this chat kindly look into it. its been like this on windows even in my office PC and now even in my home gaming PC at least it should have worked properly in my home PC but still freezes after creating more than 3 artboards.

XD version: 39.12.12
Ram Usage: 11GB and above.

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yah. I have same problem. How did you fix it. or let me know how did you when you finish. My laptop is not strong but it must open. When I watch task manager it shows 40-50% of ram and 20-30% of CPU.( when i use Photoshop it shows almost 100% of ram. where is settings to use full ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet fixed, didn't get a reply from the Adobe team. photoshop works fine the only problem is with every version of adobe xd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Askat,

Sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing the asked information in this thread so that we can log a bug for you with this issue? Please try updating XD to 40 version if you've done yet and let us know if that helps.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for the delay in response. Could you please generate Adobe logs and Crash dumps along with XD file and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with us here? We also have XD 40 available, I would also suggest updating XD once and see if that resolves the issue for you.

We will try our best to escalate the issue. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey here are the files and log you asked for. I have currently updated to XD V40 but the same problem still exists. background saving takes too much time and due to that the XD freezes. "Project*" icon stays for long and due to that saving XD freezes for long and the saving also takes too long to save files.
XD Files

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Abhishek for sharing the logs and files. I have logged a bug for your issue so that our team can investigate it. I will keep you posted about the progress.

Thank you so much for your patience. I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Any update from your side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, my XD file occupies up to 12gb of memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Team! Any update on my status ? still the problem is pending past 2 months, no update from your side. Newer version of adobe xd couldnt fix the issue yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure you have the latest Windows OS updates installed on the computer. In case if it's already up to date, please uninstall XD using the cleaner tool using the https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and then re-install XD and let us know if that solves the issue. If it still freezes, please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files? 
  3. Please share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with every XD file if i create, it starts lagging after creating more than 5 artboards. here you can find my attachments that i have shared with harshika and in above conversation.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WuuG-KMSXQFzWrEEszh4b_f-2FT5KUWE 

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs. I have shared the logs with the Engineering team and will update you as soon as I hear from the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishek,

I understand your frustration. The bug logged for your issue is in "To track" status and I have again asked the team for the update and if they can increase the priority of your case.

I will share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abhishekprime10 ,

the video you posted seems to be related to delays caused by a large text block editing followed by multiple text alignment changes on the same large block which may have introduced delays further.

Is this something you're seeing in the current version of XD too?

Also: is this related to text editing in general or do you feel interacting with the document without text editing is lagging too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think its because of text editing, generally the document is lagging, i guess its due to the background save. XD hangs while its saving. it hangs when the file name with "*" this icon shows up and it takes too long to save and while saving m unable to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast response. The * means that the file is modified - it does do a background autorecovery save, but that shouldn't be as disruptive as you describe it (order of milliseconds in foreground).

However - do you have linked documents that reside on a network share or a slower mechanical drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No am using SSD only, i dont use the cloud saving, every xd file i save to my local ssd drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishekprime10,

Thanks for sharing the information. Would you mind updating XD to 43 version and let us know if you continue to face the issue.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing the same instability for approximately 2 weeks. A 30-minute job is taking hours and hours plus the frustration of constantly closing the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, join the club of paying Adobe customers that can't use the software since the last few updates : https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/100-cpu-after-updating-xd-to-42-1/td-p/12210103 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

With the latest XD 43 update, the team has fixed the high the CPU usage issue, could you please all update XD to latest version and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem and now it is causing a project to take hours to complete. Something as simple as changing the hex code for a colour glitches and starts writing in size option along with everything explained above, etc. When writing in text boxes it does not always show or work and in order to click out of text box it does not even work. I have to use zoom in and out buttons to deselect. I have the most latest version 43 and nothing has been fixed. I work on an Alienware m15 with 16g ram and have never experienced this on any MacBooks or IMacs I use it class. Extremely disappointed with Adobe, and specifically XD. Have always experienced terrible glitches on my windows computer when working solely with Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines