• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow "Replace font" tool to replace fonts with same name

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently an issue with XD that if you install the Creative Cloud version of a Font, that was previously installed on your Windows machine, then XD will consider that you're using the old version of the font and warn you that all fonts are missing.

Actually from a technical perspective I understand "Why", however what is infuriating is that the "Replace font" tool itself doesn't understand that we installed a new version and that when we select the new font to replace with in the dropdown, it should replace with the new version of that font.

Because the font has the same name, the "Replace font" tool "thinks" it's the same font as the missing one that I select, so it does absolutely nothing.

The result is hundreds of missing font strings, and no way to batch update them to the newly installed one besides going to the strings one by one and change them manually with the right side panel, which would take days when you consider this problems affects hundreds of files with dozens of artboards within each.

The "Replace font" tool needs an update, please add this!

See screenshots of the problem explained here:

step1.jpgstep2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Hi,

Sorry for the issue, a fix for this problem will be available very soon in the public build. 

The workaround here is to choose a different font (or just the typeface) but without clicking OK 

and then change back to your desired font and click ok.

Please let us know if that helped.

Thanks,

Corina

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting the issue. I am checking with my team regarding this if this is intentional or a known issue and will get back to you as soon as I hear back from them.

I would really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience. Is it possible for you to share the XD file with us so that our team can check and investigate more about it? If yes, please upload the XD file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM.

Note: Please add the post link to the PM for reference.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @HARSHIKA_VERMA ,

Done, you can check your PMs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the XD file. I have forwarded it to our engineering team who can investigate more about it. In the meantime, you could try replacing the font with any other font that works, and then replace it back with the wanted font.

Let us know if that works for now.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @HARSHIKA_VERMA ,

Unfortunately I cannot try to replace to a different font, because if I do that, more than 100 strings will suddenly be the wrong font, and they automatically "disappear" or become "deselected" from the Missing Fonts panel, so I can't replace it "back" afterwards.

If I do as you say, I would have to write down on a piece of paper all the 147 strings that have been changed to an incorrect font or remember which one they were then go back again one by one to change them. Defeats the purpose once again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the issue, a fix for this problem will be available very soon in the public build. 

The workaround here is to choose a different font (or just the typeface) but without clicking OK 

and then change back to your desired font and click ok.

Please let us know if that helped.

Thanks,

Corina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Corina for your contribution to this post and for sharing the update with us. We really appreciate your presence in the community.

Hey f_monfort ,

You can please try the workaround shared by Corina and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA @Corina Murgila ,

I just tried, it does seem to work, although I still have the font showing as missing in the panel afterwards but says "No instance on canva", so I'm not 100% sure, any idea what that's about?

See the following screenshot:

f_monfort_0-1626231735751.png

Otherwise I guess it kind of works to do it like this but I'd definitely suggest to make this more clear to user coz I think other people who encounter the same issue probably have no idea - like me - haha that they can do that and may not figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, glad to know that the workaround shared worked for you. We'll update this post as soon as the issue is fixed. 

Thank you so much for your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines