• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't move overlay

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the overlay is first connected I can move it fine. When I later come back to the overlay I am not able to move it anymore; the drag arrow is gone. I have to delete and reconnect just so I can move it again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce your glitch, I am able to move overlat when I am switching between Design and Prototype modes. 

There can be situation that do not allow to mcve overlay. That happens when your overlay artboard have the same size as target artboard. To solve this issue please change your overlay artboard size. If it not possible you can relocate objects in overlay artboards for moving them on target artboard.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not working in my case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem. I can fix it by making the artboard on the overlay larger. If I make it smaller again it stops working. 

No idea why, but hope that it helps others who come accross this bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared above and if that doesn't help, please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. A small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening at your end.

We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move your viewport height down, this might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar issue, Adobe to fix it. I learnt a tweak after reading this thread. This helped me.

Double click on greyed stuck overlay artboard (it will not be selected as the stated problem), increase height by 1 pixel in property panel. You will start seeing handle as well you can select and move the stuck artboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Can't move the overlay. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to move the overlay. I would request you to please check if you are on the latest version of XD (39). Please make sure your XD is updated and let us know if you still face the issue.

We'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem, I can't move the overlay for to positioning in another place. I can see the green position button but it does not respond to the cursor. I increased the artbooard size but this don't work. My Adobe XD is the last version 39.0.12.

Are there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem, using latest XD and MacOS Catalina 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had same problem. Now, I am certain that the above solutions could work. However for me, what worked was ensuring that the overlay artboard had the same viewport height. 

If you are using a viewport height shorter (lets say 786px), than the overlay. It will cause the overlay to appear outside and above, and you wont be able to move it due to the restricted viewport of the main artboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. The curser doesn't react to the overlay at all, it's just stuck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rishabh_Tiwari @HARSHIKA_VERMA 

I'm still having the same issue with XD45

The overlay is centered on the artboard and I can't move it. This is a bit of a joke, especially since the bug is existing for so long already!

If I change the animation type e.g. to slide right it jumps to the top left corner but I still can't move it. Worse even, if I try to move it, it jumps back to centered alignment.

Is Adobe trying to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this same issue.

I tried making the overlay artboard smaller however it won't move up or down the artboard its suppose to cover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a workaround( which is ridiculous considering how long this bug has been around). Just cycle through the destination options on the interactions panel in prototype mode. I hope this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@damioncampbell That only works in some cases for me.

Another workaround is to make the overlay artboard very small. Then you can place it the way you want. Afterwards resize it back to it's original size and don't touch it anymore on the target artboard.

Still, ridiculous that it's still not fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. The only workaround that's working for me is to reduce the overlay artboard and adjust it after. Also this is only happening when the overlay has elements bigger/outside than the artboard it self.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines