• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save if file is on a Google-sync'd drive

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elainecc , I'm getting the same issue (could not save the document), but I don't think I have complex characters in my username (unless a space is a complex character?). Which username is this? The Windows or Adobe CC one?

One interesting note: I can "Save As" if I save it as a different filename from the existing file e.g.

• I have a file abc.xd
  • "Save" or "Save As" existing file -> "Could not save the document"
  • "Save As" different filename e.g. abc1.xd -> works

Also, the document is in a local Google Drive folder. I tried saving to my Desktop and initially got the same error, but after closing and opening again it seems it might be ok if the file is not in GDrive. I'll check and edit this if there is any update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Hey neekolaus​-

We weren't actually able to reproduce this on our side - we saved to a sync'd GDrive folder, and it worked fine. Can you let us know what the actual name of your file was?

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I have been running into this issue on a daily (rather hourly) basis. The error is rather generic:

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-27 om 10.01.39.png

I create a new file and save it in a local Google Drive folder > The file will correctly sync. I then save the file every 10 minutes or so. And suddenly I will receive this error. When I then I check Google Drive, I see the file is synced correctly, so I don't understand what makes this error appear. Restarting Google Drive will resolve the issues momentarily.

I suppose this could be an issue at Google's side, however I haven't had similar issues saving any other file types.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is link to convertion that refer problem with saving some time of file to Google Drive. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/cannot-save-to-google-drive-file-stream-drive/td-p/940...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble saving file to XD. In additon to what Ares has suggested, would you mind confirming if you are able to upload the other files fine or you're getting error on this file only? We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thank you for your response. I can confirm this happens with all XD files. To clarify, after creation, the 1st save to any Google Drive folder always works fine. The error only occurs on saving changes, even when synchronization to Google Drive is paused. 

So far I have not had this issue with other files (from Adobe or any other party).

@Ares, thank you for sharing that link. I saw that conversation before I posted. Since this regards only XD and because that conversation is from 2017, I decided to make a new post. I'm curious of other people also encounter these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new xd update. Please update , try and confirm your bug. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue still persists in the latest version for MacOS; 26.0.22.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all who are following this thread or have replied. The issue seems to be fixed in the latest version of XD. I am running the following versions:

Google Drive File Stream
Version: 37.0.6.0

Adobe XD
Version: 27.2.12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to heare that bug gone!. Thanks for informing.other users about that. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still experiencing this issue.  I'm running the following versions:

Google Drive File Stream

Version: 37.0.8.0

Adobe XD

Version: 28.0.12.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest versions available to me and since posting that the issue has been resolved, it did still occur once or twice (over the span of ~2 weeks). I can live with that, because at the time of posting this bug, it occurred multiple times on a daily basis.

How often do you experience this issue?

I run:

GDFS: 37.0.7.0

XD: 27.2.12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This morning I updated XD to the latest version available to me and by doing so, the issue has returned and is occuring frequently; multiple times a day.

XD: 28.2.12.3
GDFS: 37.0.8.0In my last post, I was running GDFS version 37.0.7.0. Since then, it must have automatically updated. However, since the issue started reoccuring right after updating XD, I feel like the problem lies on Adobe’s side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble saving the file to google drive folder. Would you mind telling us if you are working in an enterprise network? Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harishika,

Just the same as previously. It happens to all XD files. So i.e. when the issue occurs at the moment that I have 3 XD files opened, I will not be able to save any of them.

What do you mean with enterprise network? The issue only occurs when saving XD files to Google Drive File Stream folders. We do have a G Suite subscription with shared folders. But the folders where I save my XD files are only accessible by me. In that sense, it is not shared I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additonal information. In the meantime I am checking this with the team, we have the current version of XD as 28.3. Could you please update XD and let me know if that fixes the issue?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I just updated to the latest version 28.3.12.7.

I will use it for the coming days and let you know if the issue still occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Please let us know if you need any further assistance from us. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still having this issue?  I am now almost constantly.  It's actually worse than it used to be.  I can create a new file and save in a local Google Drive Folder.  I, however, can't modify an existing file in a Google Drive Folder and then try and save it without getting an error message.  This makes it unusable to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try saving the file to a different location and then adding it to the google drive folder or else you can also try turning off the synch for google drive and then check if you are able to save the file after making changes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am no longer having this issue, because I stopped using local files. I logged out of GDFS so all local files were removed from my storage and then logged back in, afterwhich I marked all folders to only store in cloud.

It's still unknown to me if the issue lies on Adobes or Googles side. Luckily I rarely work offline. Since doing this, about 2 weeks ago, I haven't had any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having problems with my Adobe XD lately.

My workflow consists of working of the cloud ( Dropbox and Google Drive ) daily. So I open them via Finder etc. worked great. Although, as of late, I've been having problems trying to save files with Adobe XD. I can create them and save them to the cloud, but whenever I try to open an existing file, I can't save them. I get an error that the file couldn't be saved. I have to do "Save as..." and that will work, but that means I have to constantly create new files, which is not ideal. At all.

I use other Creative Cloud apps and they don't have that issue.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

For the record, I deinstalled, reinstalled, logged out, logged in, updated etc. But nothing seemed to work. I'm running the latest version of everything.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joey,

Thank you for reaching out. If I heard you right, you are trying to save an existing cloud document after making some changes in the file. If so, the any changes you are making in the existing file will automatically get saved in XD without saving it again. If you will reopen the same file after making changes in the file it should show all the changes if it's a cloud file. 

If you are using local document, then you should get the option to save the file afte making changes in the file. Please let me know if you are experiencing a different issue. If possible please share a short video of your workflow for better understanding. 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am encountering the following error when trying to save files to a mounted Google Drive. I can save them fine elsewhere, eg on a local disk.

XD: Version 29.2.32.3 

CC Sync: 4.3.45.2

G Drive File Stream: 39.0.10.0

Mac OS: 10.15.4

careapp_0-1591239540339.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. Are you able to save any other files apart from XD files to the google drive folder?
  2. Please try turning off the sync for the Google Drive folder and then try saving the file and let us know how it goes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines