Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Crash/Load]-Massive performance problems (because of component use) with XD

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Since I use the new components feature (I really love it!), the XD performance is going down with any new element I add or use in the design.
Now it has reached a point, where I can't do anything without crashing the whole programm. It even crashes, when I just want to save it offline.

Hardware:

I’m using a MacBook Pro 2018, 2,9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9, with 32 GB DDR4, and a Radeon Pro 560X 4GB graphic card.

That really should be enough for everything.

I’m working on a big app project with round about 150 screens that I have placed all on my canvas – together with my components collections.

At the moment I’m struggling with:

– File opening times of 2-5 min

– Auto save time (Cloud) of 1-5 min

– Crash of XD, now basically after any action

Working is unfortunately not possible that way!

The main problems (that all play together) are:

– Cloud auto-save, that makes working hell because of the long loading times

– Main components (e. g. the footer bar, header bar, accordions, that are on nearly any screen), including a lot of „inactive“ components, icons and setting, to be flexible in changing in the screens

– Repeat grid with large components are a direct XD crash, when I ungroup them

What makes it a little bit better (… but can't be the long term solution):

– Using a smaller window size for XD

– Working off-Cloud

– Using a separate file to group and build the screens and later paste them in the main layout (works until paste into the main file 😉 )

Is there anything else I can do be able to work again?

Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Hi Kristopher and Marc,

I am sorry for the delay in response. I would like to confirm if your issue is resolved in the latest version of XD 31.2.

Please feel free to update the discussion and let me know if you need further assistance on the issue. I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a lot of images that are high res?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Basicly I'm just using Vector files except some low res pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly not sure I know I have had a file with over 150 screens and it was working great. Do you have a ton of states within each component?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That's the problem. Since I'm using those, the performance went down massively.

Especially in design elements like the footer bar (which are basicly in any screen), I embeded a lot of Icons to be able to costumize them on the single screens.

My problem now is, that I even can't save the file offline, because the programm always crashes. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar situation. Many layers for the same components and these components often inside other blocks of the interface.

Moreover, I have an issue with editing the names of the layers. Sometimes I simply cannot type anything and should relaunch the app.
For the record. Win 10. Adobe XD 24.4.22.1.

Maybe are there any recommendations for the number of artboards, components, elements, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me here. Many components, sub-components, states and around 50 screens, and the performance is worst every day. Worst problem = Auto-Save as soon as i touch something. 

At the moment I’m struggling with:

– File opening times of 2-5 min

– Auto save time (Cloud) of +-5 min

- Always in saving mode

I'm lucky cause i didn't experience crashing yet.

Win 10. Adobe XD 24.4.22.1. No plugins used

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble using components in Adobe XD. In order to investigate more about the issue, we would request you to please generate the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html along with a sample XD file and upload it to a shared location such as Creative Cloud a. Once the files are generated, please share the url with me over a private message.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm having A LOT of issues since the november big update. Where do I start? First of all: the development exporting with assets is no longer working, at all. I tried to: 1) update the link of a project that already exist - not working; 2) creating a new link and sharing with no assets first and them updating the link with assets option on - not working either; 3) creating a new project and copying just one or two  artboards/screens and trying to share - NOT WORKING. This is really upseting me because I have a project in the running that, right now, don't have the assets shared because of these multiple bugs and issues. The developers have to ask me directly for the files and specs, what is really counter-productive.

Beside the exporting problem, the app is crashing A LOT. I'm working on something, them I get distracted for a moment and bang. Software crashed. 

Also, i'm having multiple issues with the new component states. I just stop using them. I have a project that iniatially has around 80mb. After adding some components the file jumped to 500mb (!!) and them, some point, it just corrupted and I'm no longer able to even open it. THANK GOD I save a copy of it when the error message came up. Now I have like 10+ versions of the same project and some of them are just not opening at all. 

So, I tried reach the Adobe Support online but the chat are not working. Well, I really like XD and my company already has Adobe Licenses so I would really aprecciate if this issues are fixed because, right now, XD is becoming an unusable tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you ran into so many issues with Adobe XD. We will try our best to help. Would you mind telling the OS & XD version of your machiine? 

For immediate assistance, you may also get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html so that our team can help you on real-time basis.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika! 

I'm using XD version 24.4.22.1 on Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 OS 18363.476.

Gabriela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabriela,

Thanks for sharing the additional information. Would you mind updating XD to the latest version (25.1) and also check if you have any system updates available?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't become any better after the update. For instance, one of my xd files, which size is 204mb, is loading several minutes and any changes take a noticble amount of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a XD Cloud Document that auto-saves all changes directly. The problem is that auto-saving takes a long time, and in the meantime I can't interact with XD at all. Moreover, XD freezes entirely. This means that, if I pause a little too long between edits, it starts blocking XD for 10-30 seconds. This happens with every edit that I make, so working with XD is becoming a slow and tedious process. 

I updated XD this morning (25.3.12), with performance improvements for sync, which did not solve this particular problem. This problem already existed before 25.3.12.

For what it's worth, the document that I use contains components, and components inside components inside components (nested 3 levels deep). Those components have all states, and are reused on (almost) all of my artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeroenr,

We understand it could be frustrating for you. The team is aware of the issue and is working on it to fix it. Would you mind generating the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html along with a sample file? You may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with me over a private message.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ZXP is uploaded. I'll send you a PM with the name of the ZXP, and I'll share the cloud document privately with you. If a video would be helpful, I'll record it. It is pretty easy for me to reproduce. Below, I describe in advance what I experience while auto-save is happening.

So what happens, is that whenever I edit something in the Cloud Document, auto-save kicks in. While auto-save is saving, the entire XD window is hardly interactive. Actions that are being performed (typing text, move layers/components through keyboard shortcuts, transforming layers/components) will become extremely laggy until saving is over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please Adobe add a function to remove the autosave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that you're having trouble with Autosave. Would you mind sharing some more details, like, how it's impacting your workflow? Are there any specific issues which you're having due to Autosave? 

We'd love to hear your feedback about it and see what best we can do to help you out. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a problem for me too.
I'm working with heavy files and some times when autosave started my Adobe XD freezed and dont't return.
Another scenario.
When the coedit is abbled and the autosave started the application show me this Error 2143. After that i can't open my file again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for co-edit, I work on Window with the last version of Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @atul_saini 

So... How i saied, i work with large/heavy files in adobe cloud and when i edit any element, the autosave start and Adobe XD Freeze and return only after file saved. All day, all changes in file, it is a boring stuff.
And have other problem.
The same scenario with co-edit enabled, after freezed the Adobe XD does not return and show the error 2143. So, with this error i have to return a older version from my files and losting my changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autosave freezes XD and since it autosaves so often designing with XD becomes a very frustrating process. 

This is basically what happens.

I open a master component and want to add a text field. XD decides to autosave, I'm still typing but nothing happens because everything freezes. I notice, I wait and want to resume typing but appearently the text field wasn't added properly. I switch to prototype mode and back. My text field is gone.

I add it again, hoping to start typing before autosave interferes ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So true...still nothing was made to prevent it. Autosave is cool if project is relatively small and whole magic stuff works smooth. With heavy files with dozens artboards - everything slowing down or may corrupt file if we made too many actions before we realize that all freezed because of autosave. Specially if we undo/redo actions.

Versions control doesn't help. Ie. It loses all links attached/connected to the previous file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand it could be frustrating. The team is working on it and you may see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines