Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Entire screen is flickering when I move my mouse

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I'm using XD on my macOS version 12.1 for a while now but since the last update, version 47.0.22.9 x64, the screen is flickering whenever I move my mouse over an artboard. It's extremly annoying to work with at the moment.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is the first time I hear of a similar problem. Do you use an external monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Yes I do, curently using 2 external monitors 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only flickers within XD's canvas, not on the whole screen.
The odd thing is that it just stopped doing this now.
I restarted XD to see what will happen and now it started to only flicker in the preview. When I decouple all external screens (just use my laptops screen) XD working canvas starts to flicker again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for providing us with all this information. Have you tried doing a fresh install of Adobe XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, makes XD unusable. Soon going to try Figma, to see if it works as alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jens17455995xsfo,

Thank you for reaching out. If you allow, I'll try my best to assist you with this. It would be great if you could provide the following details so that we can identify the cause and troubleshoot it? 

1. Please share the OS build and the version of XD. 
  2. Since when are you experiencing this issue?
  3. Are you using multiple screens? If yes, is it happening when you disconnect the screens? 
  4. Are you in a managed/enterprise environment? 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul, thanks for asking for an issue report.

It happens on multiple macBook Pro's (2019) with Montery and Big Sur. XD is up to date because Adobe installed a virus on my computer called creative cloud to keep things up to date. The issue comes and goes, I guess for more than two years now. I think it happens more frequently when the projects get bigger (using SVG's will kill your XD quite easily), the system load increases and the laptops get hotter. I use one or two external 4K screens (Dell) and we're not in a managed environment.  Have fun! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1, XD window flickering on external monitor.
I have the same issue on my samsung (home) & dell (work) monitor.
Easy fix is to resize/move the window and then it stops. 

Annoying none the less…

XD 5.1.12.1
Monterey 12.5.1
Monitor: Samsung M7 - Does not flicker on Macbook monitor
Home network, not managed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for reporting your experience and how you managed to solve the problem. Can I ask you how did you connect the monitor (usb hub, cable only)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USB C > Dell Docking station > Samsung monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply. Have you tried other docking stations too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same issue at work with a dell screen and no dock connector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get this problem. Running MacOS Sonoma 14.3 on Macbook Air M2 15". The XD background flickers on my external monitor when I move the mouse. I have to resize the application window to make it stop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Monitor is connected via USBC to diplay port adapter. Monitor is an Iiyama XB3288UHSU-B1 32" VA LCD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines