• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Unable to update component because of the error in XD

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm simply trying to update some components. Have tried restarting both XD and machine, cleaning up the library the components came from, etc. And the error message has no actionable info.Error.png

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. With the recent XD update, i.e., XD 47.1, the issue seems to be fixed. Could you please update XD to the latest version and confirm if the problem is resolved for you?

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 2230303765F97,

We are sorry for the trouble. We would request you to please try the steps suggested below-

• You are logged into Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Library wasn't deleted
  • You still have permission to use Library
  • Library source document does not have any un-Published changes
  • That component still exist in Library

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

All of those things are done correctly. I manage the design system so I have permissions for all libraries, and have updated them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking and confirming. We would like to know if you're able to find the corrupt component that might be causing the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@HARSHIKA_VERMA  how do you find which component is causing the issue? It seems to be brokon again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It was working fine and suddenly I got this error. I've removed the component everywhere and tried to update again, but this doesn't work. I'm stuck now. My file just keeps getting update errors. Pasting into a new file also doesn't work, I get the same error there and it's a large file.

I am using version Adobe XD 47.0.22 on a Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Celestine.Fisser,

We are sorry for the trouble. If you are using the 'Update All' button at the bottom, then try updating each Component individually using "Update" from context (right-click) menu of each Component.

If that still doesn't work, we suspect that you might have Nested Components from a different source document which also have pending updates. Try opening each source file directly and apply any pending updates first.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried all of the above solutions you mentioned including removing XD, install again, shut down my laptop and restart.. Logout/Login again.. Update my library again, try to update separately the components that get stuck.. This doesn't work for me, getting the same error. if I use the exact same component in a new file, separate from what I've already created, it works fine and I don't get the error. All my libraries are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the suggested steps. Is it possible for you to share the XD file with me over a private message along with the logs? If yes, please upload the XD file and the logs to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me.

Please also share the name of the component causing issue.

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The components I have that won't update have a lot of state/variants. Could that be the issue? Although it's not really a great option to limit the states to 2-3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about that may be that could be the reason. I would suggest you to please share the XD file and the logs as requested in my previous message in this post so that we can investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harskika,

I have sent you a private message with the files you requested. I hope you can help me find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the files and logs. I have logged a bug for your issue so that our team can investigate on the issue.

I will keep you updated about the progress.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague opened the file and he was able to update it without errors. This allowed me to continue working in the document, but a little later I got the same error again after updating a component in the library file. This does not happen consistently. I was also able to update a component from the library file without any problems. It's a workaround, but I can't keep bothering my colleagues to update my file and this is definitely not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We definitely understand your concern. The team is actively investigating on the issue and I will keep you updated about the status of the bug.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to update linked components but it always says "unable to update component because of an error"

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 2.42.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please give more information.

How it was created and is it linked document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Jeroelp,

We are sorry for the trouble. If you are using the 'Update All' button at the bottom, then try updating each Component individually using "Update" from context (right-click) menu of each Component.

If that still doesn't work, we suspect that you might have Nested Components from a different source document which also have pending updates. Try opening each source file directly and apply any pending updates first.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. With the recent XD update, i.e., XD 47.1, the issue seems to be fixed. Could you please update XD to the latest version and confirm if the problem is resolved for you?

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to update my documents again and I don't get the error anymore 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but mine was not solved with the latest update of XD.
Did you also fix the bug on XD for Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still experiencing this issue, my library is updated and linked, I hit "update all" and an error appears. I also updated to v49.0.12 on Mac 9 days ago.

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 10.09.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 10.09.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 10.09.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 10.10.56 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines