Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while installing Adobe XD - Error Code C505

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joelc8430161_0-1597164273288.png

I was installing Adobe XD on my new machine and this error popped up. I checked online and it says - https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#errorC505 to do some steps. The documentation should be have more content which will be helpful for users. Can someone please help me out on what to do. I just use Adobe XD in the entire CC library.

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Start> Type "Services" > Open Services > Find "Secondary Logon" > General > Change Startup type to "Automatic" > Start the service > Click Ok. After this try installing Adobe XD. This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check if you have administrator rights(read and write) to install the application, as this error generally occurs when the user profile doesn't have write permissions. If it still doesn't work, could you please confirm if the new pc is a work pc or a personal pc?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh, 

Here is the error log for the CC desktop application

Exit Code: 505
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 0 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error (Code = 505) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:31.2.12.4
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 31.2.12.4). Error code: '505'
ERROR: Privilege lowering failed PU_CreateProcessWithTokenW! Error: 1058
ERROR: Failed to launch hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe for install UWP with error code 1058
ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package with error failed to launch hdhelper.exe (delevated) for installing UWP appx with error code 1058
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried running the installation with admin rights. This is my personal PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the issue by resetting my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved and thanks for sharing the step that worked for you. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this in any way resolvement of the issue? Resetting PC is not how you resolve this particular error. I also have this same issue but only while installing Adobe XD. All other apps can be installed and are working properly. So i ask @HARSHIKA_VERMA  to please suggest any other working solutions. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start> Type "Services" > Open Services > Find "Secondary Logon" > General > Change Startup type to "Automatic" > Start the service > Click Ok. After this try installing Adobe XD. This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lazulite,

Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you. Could you please confirm if you've tried the steps suggested in this article so that we can let our team knows if your steps can be added to our existing article?

Error 505 indicates that the installer does not have proper permissions to complete the installation process. If the steps in the article don't work, then we can check the account by creating a new user account and trying to install XD from the new account.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the windows version by pressing "Windows key + r" and type "winver". If your windows version is older like 1703 , then you will not be able to install XD. You have to update it to the latest version ie 1809. Download Windows 10, click the update now button and install and check the version.

Greetings,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines