• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I start using Adobe XD's starter plan?

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! 
I recently learned about the starter plan, which allows you to use Adobe XD with some restrictions in regards to file sharing.
I have downloaded Adobe XD from the link provided by HARSHIKA_VERMA, as below:

https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/pricing/starter-plan.html

However, after installing the program only allows me to register for a 7-day free trial, which is not what I am looking for.

Is the starter still available? If so, how can I use Adobe XD with the starter plan?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Adobe has acknowledged an issue with the recent update of XD, and hopefully they will address it.

But importantly, the Starter version of XD has not gone away, and there is a straightforward workaround to access it (even in the recent release)...

Here it is:

Instead of launching XD from the Creative Cloud Desktop app, try starting it from elsewhere – namely, from the Windows Start menu or from the macOS Dock/Launchpad.

Then choose the "Exit XD" button, but XD Starter should still run – e

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nimo2121, I think 7 days trial is for premium features, you must be able to continue XD in starter plan even after it ends. If you can't, I suggest you to update us here. Happy creating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply!
I am not able to register a credit card. Does this mean that I will not be able to use XD in starter plan? 
I would like to know if there is any way of work in starter plan without going through the 7 days trial, as all I want to do is to edit already-existing XD files saved locally.

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I know is, you need only an email address to be able to have an Adobe CC account and you can then use your credit card for that account to have premium versions of the app. You don't need to use your credit card in any way to be able to use the starter plan. I know this because in the past I created some test accounts to check how things look for a new Adobe CC account. Hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply!
What should I do to start the starter version?

Adobe CC has only two buttons for Adobe XD: "Trial Version" and "Purchase" (I am using it in another language, so may differ slightly).
If I choose "Trial Version", the only way I can start using the program is by choosing a paid plan, and introducing my credit card information.

・Creative cloud screen. Left button is "trial", right one is "purchase"

Nimo2121_0-1653353033305.png

・This window opens when I click "trial"

Nimo2121_1-1653353099100.png

・Step 3 requires me to provide credit card information, and warns me my plan will be charged after the 7 day trial

Nimo2121_2-1653353145138.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, let's see if anyone else replies about it, since I'm not familiar with the issue. As I said, after 7 day trial, people are able to use XD in Starter plan. I'm also going to update if I find out anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!
My issue is that I don’t have a credit card to register, so I hope I’ll find the way to use XD in starter mode without going through the 7-day trial.
Please do keep me updated if you find anything about it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged an issue with the recent update of XD, and hopefully they will address it.

But importantly, the Starter version of XD has not gone away, and there is a straightforward workaround to access it (even in the recent release)...

Here it is:

Instead of launching XD from the Creative Cloud Desktop app, try starting it from elsewhere – namely, from the Windows Start menu or from the macOS Dock/Launchpad.

Then choose the "Exit XD" button, but XD Starter should still run – even without a trial or paid plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @ProDesignTools, this should resolve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice.
I could indeed run XD this way on my work computer, but Creative Cloud now shows "7 days remaining". I am not allowed to purchase apps with my company's account, and I'm a bit terrified with the idea Adobe may be charging my boss for me trying this.

How can I be sure that I'm using the starter version, and not going through a 7 day trial?

Best regards

※Screenshot showing I have 7 days remaining.

Nimo2121_0-1653400422658.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you entered your payment details, then a 7-day trial of the premium version of XD would have started.

You can confirm this here:

https://account.adobe.com/plans

If you need to cancel the trial:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Outside of any trial, the starter version of XD would be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh lord I'm in trouble...
Adobe XD does not show up in my /plans page. The other apps included in my plan, do.

Nimo2121_0-1653400947361.png

I totally cannot cancel my whole Adobe account, I just need to stop my trial for XD.
Is there any way to achieve this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking what I'd do, I think I might try with a new email/new test account to see if that's something related to that particular account, hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the status of your account is unclear, then contact Adobe Customer Care directly. You should be able to reach them via live online chat:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

To contact Adobe Customer Support by phone, go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html for a comprehensive list of phone numbers by geography including hours and languages.

Note that no charge is ever made on a credit card until the initial free trial period has ended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines