• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a component in a repeat grid that does not let me select fix position when scrolling...

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My component is grouped in a grid and is comprised of days first scrollable row and then times on a second row.  I need the days to retain their position once the user selects any day (change in state) but XD does not let me click on the fix positoon when scrolling box. I see the box and it let's me click on it but then the checkmark dissapears. Please help soon. I have until Sunday to finish this use case and its Friday afternoon already. Thanks!

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot with the problematic element selected, and the layers and properties panels visible, so we can see what you're trying to achieve, and what might be going wrong. If it's confidential, you can send it via PM.

Fixed position when scrolling only works on first level groups and elements. You can't set it to anything that's nested, which includes elements that are in a group or a component of some sort. It's puzzling that you're getting the option to set it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Spas, thanks a lot for the reply.  I'm almost done with this part of my wireframes and I'm losing hope there's a way to elegantly accomplish our goal.  Here's the screenshot where you'll see the option to fix position when scrolling unchecked, and that is because everytime I selected it goes back to unchecked. 

Thanks!

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand the intention. It's probably not allowing you to set this, because that artboard is used as an overlay to another, and overlays don't scroll by default.

Are you on Windows or MacOS? When I tried it on Windows, I could set it, but it makes no difference anyways. While you have an overlay open, you can't scroll either way and everything is fixed.

Can you show me step by step what is supposed to happen? Maybe share a prototype link with the screens involved in that particular flow/interaction? Even better - the .xd file. If it's confidential, feel free to send it via PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

P.S. Now when I read your description again - do you want to keep your day/hour selection from the overlay on the next screen for the payment? If that's the case, fixing the position has nothing to do with it. It is a local property. It simply retains an element in one position on the screen, while you are scrolling the page. Like a fixed header for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines