• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to Auto play multiple video in XD?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Designers,

Recently I was designing a webpage where I decided to go with multiple video to play automatically. But only the first video is playing in auto mode. Any solution for this?

{Title renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

XD just recently added the ability to play a video. If you'd like to see it support multiple videos, please upvote this feature request https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/44606880-play-multiple-videos-at-the-same-time 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think currently it's not possible to play multiple videos at once (to be honest which makes sense to me) :
https://helpx.adobe.com/hk_en/xd/help/work-with-videos.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply. I was making a website fo a company who are in staffing solutuion. So I was making a hearo banner with with multiple online interview happening inside square container, and I could not show the prototype in that way, I have just explained the functionality to the client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I see. This might be a feature that's maybe going to be implemented, but as you know common UX understanding suggests users do not want to spend time in the interfaces that have "too much" going on in terms of animation, motion graphics etc everything is needed to be used with some caution. I think the best solution in this case would be playing one and usign static images for the rest of the videos, they can be played on demand in the prototype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insightfull. But you maybe taking about mobile UX wher I was talking about web immersive experience. Also the client is B2B so to show the context of the busines it was required to make the motion. Anyway thanks for the reply. 🙂 Hope this feature will be a roofshot. I think its a bug or something like that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this might be one of the "exceptional" use cases that requires multiple videos to be played at the same time. I don't think it's a bug, XD's video and lottie features are unique as far as I know in the whole UI/UX Design tools market, I think they want to proceed steadier in terms of performance, you want an option to perform efficiently, I think the video size and count limit is also there to make that sure, but I'm sure there are going to be updates as the feature's being developed further. Happy creating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After multple trial I am unable to create a same experience page in Adobe XD. Below is the details. I just want to create a page like this in Adobe XD, where multiple videos are running at a same time. How can I?  I have tried in multiple ways. But its not happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. It is while designing a video calling feature where multiple videos need to be played in 1 screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They recently added the feature you are looking for. See the answer below @Dan Rodney 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You can also try the suggestions shared in this post and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I can find, and the answer that it's bad practice to have more than one video playing on a page is absolute rubbish. Just a poor excuse for Adobe's software not working as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My simple ask.

I just want to create a page like this in Adobe XD., where multiple video is running at a time. How can I?  I have tried in multiple ways. But its not happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are totally right, completely out of place answer, I even found it offensive, to be honest. Looking for a logical answer to an obvious bug with the tool and having someone telling you that you shouldn't be making what you are trying to make without any background of what the project is or what the creator is trying to achieve is misleading and condescending.

I'm trying to add different animations to play and loop at the same time for a portfolio project that I will be uploading directly from XD to Behance. Since XD doesn't support GIFs yet and lotties do not work well with images I need to use MP4 but then XD will only allow my preview to play one video at a time. 

Here is a link to the prototype:

https://xd.adobe.com/view/f3741ee0-1e3d-49c8-a810-40871144e3e2-a627/?fullscreen&hints=off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Soumyadip@Van Alva and everyone, sorry if my answer sounded "offensive" and "out of place" but I was just telling my idea, I never meant what you should do and don't, not to mention even the most professional/famous companies'/products' sites that play multiple videos at once don't usually do that, not more than one in the same viewport/screen, but I said that there can be exceptional cases, I wasn't trying to lecture on UI/UX, usability or anything like that, just mentioning my own idea 🙂 And I also meant for a feature to be implemented, like in all solid products, it needs to be tested and to be made sure that it's going to work without any flaws as much as possible. As I see it playing multiple videos at the same time feature request is not one of the most popular feature requests also (31 votes since 24 Dec '21), so you might want to upvote if you haven't here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/44606880-play-mult... 

I've just checked (and as @Rishabh_Tiwari's post suggests, you can even add multiple time triggers) you can make multiple lottie animations autoplay/loop at the same screen, I think this is the best solution for now, considering it's really easy to convert videos to lottie animations (YT channel of Lottie Animations has great tutorials if you haven't checked yet https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrD8xvZzX7QqZC_KXSAchqA  and there's even an After Effects plugin for Lottie right) So I'd resolve it that way. Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD just recently added the ability to play a video. If you'd like to see it support multiple videos, please upvote this feature request https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/44606880-play-mult... 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines