• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to create a hover state with both the image and text in XD?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have just learned how to use the hover feature in Adobe XD and I am wondering how I can do the same with the photo and detailed info in the example below. I have figured out how to use hover with just the image but I would like to add the text and additional elements to the hover.

Is it possible to create a hover state with both the image and the text so that whenever a user hovers over either part, it will transition to the hover state? Hope this makes sense!

Default state:

Default State.png

Hover state:

Hover State.png

<Title renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Glad to hear you're able to figure it out. However, we would love to understand how you achieved your workflow. I also got some responses from the team.

You need to add the text elements to the component. All the layers have to be in the same component. What you can't do is trigger a hover interaction from a separate component.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @desbullard,

Thank you for reaching out. I am checking with the team to see whether this workflow is possible in XD. I will respond as soon as I hear anything from the team.

Meanwhile, I am keeping the discussion open for our community experts who might have any suggestions for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I actually figured it out with some additional trial and error.

I am not sure how to explain it, but if anyone reading this wants to know how I did it please reach out and I will do my best to explain the process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you're able to figure it out. However, we would love to understand how you achieved your workflow. I also got some responses from the team.

You need to add the text elements to the component. All the layers have to be in the same component. What you can't do is trigger a hover interaction from a separate component.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines