• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue: Component from a library resets to default state when copied between documents

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My issue is somewhat similar to highlighted here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/copying-components-revert-them-to-master-state/t... 

Here's my scenario:

0. We have a library of components shared with thee whole team.

1. Someone takes a component (let's assume it's a button) from the library, and puts them on their project.

2. The label of the button and it's width are then changed to match the certain screen.

3. The project is then shared with another team member via cloud coworking

4. The second team member opens the project, and copies the modified button and pastes it on their own project. The button is then reset to the default state found in the library (size, label).

This issue challenges the idea of shared component library. Can you please fix this?

TOPICS
Data loss , Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay in response. Could you please confirm if this is happening on the latest version of XD which is 45.1? If yes, please share the OS version and is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rishabh,

Seems to be working now, tested on 45.1.62 on MacOS 10.15.7. I'll keep you posted if I encounter the issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines