• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not save the document" problem

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I can't save any documents in adobe experience design beta. Everytime i try to it writes "Could not save the document" Any solution? Any fix adobe?Bez názvu.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

If you are continuing to face this issue, join us on this discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/Adobe-XD-Error-49-for-Cloud-files/td-p/10507855

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it isn't. I only bypassed it by using windows account name made by only a-z characters. Adobe xD allowes you to save with this account, but you know, still crashing sometimes when trying to save a project (without warning)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? Just lost 5 hours of work because when I clicked "Save" it just went to "Could not save..." and shut down the program!
And it's not the first time this happens!!
Any ideas, tips or advice? XD is completely useless at the moment for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see how important are windows users for Adobe...They solve 2 months so elementary save feature. I have no words. When error appears i thought the will fix it in hours, or at least few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that worked for me was to Save As a different file, and keep rotating between two files for saving. Does that work for you? Definitely not ideal, but better than not saving at all.

I'm hoping this gets resolved too, but it's worth pointing out that bugs aren't always easy to fix, and this is a beta after all. I'm very happy that Adobe is stepping in to fill a gap which Sketch doesn't seem willing to fill.

I am not an Adobe employee btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac (macbook pro 2016), and just go this error... 😕

edit: Luckily, I had not changed much from a larger file I was working in, I closed the app w/o saving the small changes and I updated the app. The save works now (didn't realize an update had come out until I looked at CC app and saw it waiting for me). My old file loaded up just fine, fixed my problems for now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, there are several issues getting mixed together here.  Just so we're all on the same page:

Mac users:

Problems should be fixed as of XD version 0.6.18.5 - check your About box to make sure you have the latest version.

- If you don't have 0.6.18.5: Open the Creative Cloud app, click the gear icon, then click Check for Updates.

- If you have 0.6.18.5 and you still can't save or open files: Post in the Mac-specific forum thread.

Windows users:

- If you have an accent/international character in your username: We are working on a fix as fast as we can.  In the meantime, you can create a new user account on your machine with a "plain ASCII" username -- you should be able to open all your saved files from there.

- If you do not have any special characters in your username: Then you have a new problem we are not aware of yet.  Please reply directly to Irina's questions posted above​ so we can investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine,  When will a fix be released for this issue?  Will all work done be lost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. Its been more than 2 months now and no solution to such a basic feature. How Adobe expects us to use it when basic feature like save is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I am wondering how they want to catch up a macos version by this turtle speed. I know it could be a dificult to make a fix, but you know, it's a basic feature other Adobe software dealing with and in XD it's a problem Funny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, guys-

It seems like there are a couple of separate issues on this thread, and I want to know that we've read all of them.

1. We're still working on the international character issue, and it looks like there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but nothing to share quite yet. While it may seem like it's a simple fix, it's unfortunately not.
  2. Some features take longer than others to deliver. We're constantly working on not only this month's, but the next two months' releases at the same time. We're working to bring you the features as soon as possible... and there are definitely more than two features in this next release. (So stay tuned!)
  3. If you don't have an international character in your name, please do post a separate forum post so that we can help you triage what's going on with your build.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not save with any name, this box always appears.

Captura de Tela 2017-02-17 às 17.58.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

I cannot save my file after trying in 10 different ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, all-

If you're on Mac and are experiencing save problems, please head on over here:

Re: Cannot open or save files

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I am also experienced the same issue, I am not able to save the file also not able to open any file.

I do following steps to make my prototype same again!

Unfortunately! You must have to quit the Adobe XD is to solve this issue. But before exit follow these steps.
1) First of all you will have to save all images on your local/cloud drive (For. Eg. JPG, PNG etc..)
2) Copy the whole Artboard and whole prototype by selected and press Ctrl+C in Windows, Cmd+C for Mac.

3) Close your Adobe XD

4) Now Reopen the Adobe XD5) Paste the Artboards / Artwork of prototype.

6) Replace the images (Its shows black for missing images)
7) Create linking

Thanks All,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

are there any updates?
Because it is still not working...

Of course it's a beta version and a lot of things will have issues. But the SAVING of any even minor changes??

Please let us at least know what's going on and when we can roughly expect it to be working again.

Also are there any alternatives or hacks to saving new changes for the moment?

Best,
Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Alex-

Just to clarify, were you ever able to save? This particular thread is if you have an international character in your user on Windows.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine,

Yes, I were able to save. My username is just simple characters. Nothing special. It just stopped working around beginning of January.

Best,

Alex

Friday, 03 March 2017, 10:20p.m. +00:00 from elainecc forums_noreply@adobe.com<mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

"Could not save the document" problem

created by elainecc<https://forums.adobe.com/people/elainecc> in Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) - View the full discussion<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9370022#9370022>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same issue using Adobe Xd. I have a deadline coming up in the next couple of days!!

Please help

OllieScreen Shot 2017-03-08 at 16.21.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the update from yesterday?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Colin,
there hasn't been any update the last few days. At least not for me. (Windows 10)
Just had a look - still nothing unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a different issue then, the fix yesterday was for the Mac not saving issue.

I was replying to Oliver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution:

• Copy your Xd work
  • Go to: File > Open > UI Kit > Apple iOS
  • Past your work there
  • Delete all Apple iOS artwork
  • Create an Artboard
  • Save as (whatever name you want)
  • Done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is the fix coming out (Hopefully in the next update)? I am still unable to save. I am using Windows 10 OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you email me directly with more information? Questions and my email address few posts above.

thanks,

-irina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround I found is,

Select All

Copy

Force Quit XD

Open XD

Paste

Save

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines