• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recover unsaved file

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While closing the document, I forgot to save my document. The version that I use is latest and still I am asked to save everytime I close the document. I did not find the auto save feature as well. Is there any chance that I can recover my document? And, can you please suggest how can I autosave for the next time.

P.S. The version that I use for my XD is 33.1.12.4. I would really appreciate an early response. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Sorry for the delay in response. The files get autosaved on the cloud at this location: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents

In case if you are not seeing the latest version of the file, then possibly it's not getting synched, so please ensure that the File Synching is turned on in the Adobe CC Desktop app. If it is turned on and still it's not getting synched, please share a screenshot of the About XD info page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please check if the document is available in the recent window or here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents

Let us know if it helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what the issue is but the cloud document in my XD does not work and when I go to the cloud documents through manage links, I can only find the older version of my project that had been edited weeks ago. I could not fnd my recent files. Also, where can I autosave my files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. The files get autosaved on the cloud at this location: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents

In case if you are not seeing the latest version of the file, then possibly it's not getting synched, so please ensure that the File Synching is turned on in the Adobe CC Desktop app. If it is turned on and still it's not getting synched, please share a screenshot of the About XD info page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,
Good day.

I experienced the same issue raised here, and tried your suggestion but still couldn't find the recent version of the file I'm looking for. So I've attached a screenshot of the About XD info page, like you, asked for in your response. 
I know your response was years ago, but I hope you'd have time to respond to me and point me in the right direction. By the way, I use version 37.0.32 as would be seen on the info page.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD Creative Cloud.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me.

File Synching is turned on in the Adobe CC Desktop app but I still cannot see the unsaved file.

(That I believed was automatically saved to the cloud).

Once I checked the Creative Cloud App I saw that the "Last modified" (besides the 46 minutes ago), was 8 days ago and that seems to be incorrect as I've been work on a project using XD in the last few days.

I also noticed in the last weeks that XD was crashing quite often and "Sent the report" to adobe each time when that happened.

Is there any other way to recover the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

example1.JPG

example2.JPG

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me.

My files in below link miss the part of my work today. 
 https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents

And the version history didn't record 2/26-3/1 version. Where can I get back my file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Just now happend the same thing to me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Xd for YEARS. I worked on a file for hours today, saved it and closed Xd on my Mac. I also have autosave enabled.. which always works. 

I go to edit my work, and it says the last saved version is 3 days ago. HOURS worth of work gone. I can't have this happen, ever. Especially after hitting save. I'm exploring other options such as Figma at this point, I expect better of a company as experienced as Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please check if you can find the correct version of the file by following the steps shared here. If this doesn't work, you can also check these locations:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe XD/CloudToLocalMRUCache

This is the temp location for auto save. The best way to look for a file at these locations is through time-stamp as the file may not exist with the same name.

Let is know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My device is macbook. I don't have those folder in the locations you provided. 😞

Please help me to find temp files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The link you provided is not working on mac. HOURS of my work is gone even though I auto-saved it, and I am supposed to deliver this to the client. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @memoll ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. If it was a cloud doc, you can look for the correct version of the file here. You can also check these locations:

Win: \Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState

macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe XD (Dev)/CloudToLocalMRUCache

These are temporary save locations for auto-save. Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG same thing just happened to me 🙂 I can't find the temporary file in finder either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Hours of XD work lost and can't find the temporary file, not location. Figma is looking pretty reliable right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was frustrated to see my files not being autosaved even though i have turned sync. There is a major issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to recover file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me right now. Hours of work gone and just magically not in the document history. Reverted back to a version from hours ago, XD didn't crash or anything. HOW DO I FIX THIS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way is to save the file locally and make sure to save often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saved my work as I went along and still lost it all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines