• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing library with a different one

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help.

I created multiple XD files all linked to the same cloud library in regards of common components, colours and character styles.

This is great, however now I need to do the same job for a different brand. Is there anyway I could duplicate my XD files (which don't need any other changes other than common styling) and link it to a different library that will have the same compontent names? 

I used to be able to do it with physical files, deleting the main one and replacing it, but now it seems impossible with cloud library and if you duplicate a library it just messes up with my original file (which I had to relink one by one thinking the old method could have worked, but completely messed up my files).

Thanks

TOPICS
Design , Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Hi Denise,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response. If I heard you right, it looks like you want to essentially copy your source file and library to create a second version, with everything still linked. Then I am afraid to say that is not possible.

For now, you can make a copy of the source document (via save as) and create a new file, and then publish a new library from that new source file. That will essentially copy your design system.

Let us know if that helps.

Tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Why don't you save your Cloud-File (the one with the components) to your Harddrive and then import these assets in your copied files?

Or – move all the components/assets from the open Cloud-File to a CC library – and then connect it to your new files.

good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denise,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response. If I heard you right, it looks like you want to essentially copy your source file and library to create a second version, with everything still linked. Then I am afraid to say that is not possible.

For now, you can make a copy of the source document (via save as) and create a new file, and then publish a new library from that new source file. That will essentially copy your design system.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I essentially did the same what you outlined here.

Old UI Toolkit in XD Libraries

Opened Old UI Toolkit XD document

Save As (for new UI Toolkit)

Published new library

Revised Components, Colors, etc.

Now when we try to utilize both old & new UI toolkits in one XD project file, XD is confusing the components, it seems to favor the component library that was placed first in the XD project file. We think there's something going on underneath the surface that we cannot see, as we do not have this problem when we recreate the component fresh. However that defeats the purpose of being able to efficiently update our screens via CC libraries. Can you look into this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was this ever resolved? I've had massive issues with shared libraries in the past and I'm about to venture into them again but I really don't want to mess everything up and have to rebuild everything from scratch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines