Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same font, different name parsing on Mac and Windows

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like there has been a regression of this issue:

Font weight names change between Mac & Windows (Bold/Negreta & Italic/Cursiva) – Adobe XD Feedback :...

I'm using version 17 on both Windows and Mac and it has definitely not been resolved.

Try multiple versions of Fira Sans for example: Google Fonts

It's a pain to have to remap fonts all the time when moving files between platforms.

Thanks for looking into this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Hi Eskel, sorry that you had to deal with this font mismatch issue while working on Mac and Windows. I would like to know if you have experienced this with any other font as well? I would also request you to raise this feedback here: - Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and share the thread with us so that we can keep a track of it.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eskel, sorry that you had to deal with this font mismatch issue while working on Mac and Windows. I would like to know if you have experienced this with any other font as well? I would also request you to raise this feedback here: - Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and share the thread with us so that we can keep a track of it.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul,

I've tried Roboto and it's the same problem. Fonts with multiple variants (Slab, Condensed, Extra Condensed etc) are bundled into one font name on windows and as separate fonts on mac.

Can we just reopen the previous bug report? It's the same exact issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm filing the bug report and it won't allow me to add ttf font files or zip. I'm not sure how to make it reproducible without the actual font files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

It looks like you're experiencing the similar problem mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/roboto-font-from-google-has-different-heights-on-mac-vs-pc/m...

I would suggest going through the post and check the correct answer.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines