• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to click in and edit existing text box content or create new text boxes

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the most recent update I am again unable to edit the text content in existing text boxes in my current XD projects. I am currently on Adobe XD v.26.0.22.5 and Creative Cloud v.5.0.0.354 on OS X 10.14.6. I had this problem last year as well but it eventually went away with an update. Now it has reappeared and I cannot edit my current projects. Additionally I can't even add new text boxes either. I am able to resize and move the text boxes around but cannot modify the content. Anyone else have this issue? I've restarted both XD as well as CC, but that didn't seem to work. Please help!

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Data loss , How to , Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Yes, that works.
I have this on a regular basis, and I think it's related to using multiple screens (and Windows 10?) and when you leave /return to the adobe XD Window. 
ALT+TAB refocusses the Adobe XD Window, which solves the issue.
It's also fixed if you minimize / maximize the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same probelm on different versions. XD text seems to get caught between typing in the text box and one of the text box properties. ie text size.

My quick solution is to type in another program. ie text file, folder rename, etc and then when you click back onto XD the type tool works correctly.   not an elegant solution but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution does not seem to work for me 😞 I think something different is happening in my situation. I can select existing text boxes so that the dotted line outline shows, but am unable to actually click inside to select any text or type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as Rantao here with this new text box issue.

I've also had the issue AndrewB had in the past and have solutioned it the same.

But this new text box issue is different and can't be solutioned the same currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to newest version of XD, 27.0.12.6 and it looks like this bug has been addressed as I'm able to edit my text fields again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, you're a life saver! The problem kept cropping back up even after restarting the application, sometimes after a while and sometimes immediately. Just switching to another window to type and switching back fixed it though. Really hope the XD team gets around to figuring out what is causing it though, this has caused me a lot of lost time in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this problem by clicking on the text box and using Alt + Tab, when I return to the program the behavior is normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that works.
I have this on a regular basis, and I think it's related to using multiple screens (and Windows 10?) and when you leave /return to the adobe XD Window. 
ALT+TAB refocusses the Adobe XD Window, which solves the issue.
It's also fixed if you minimize / maximize the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked perfectly for me. Thanks for your contributions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a permanent solution for that..

It works for me, my laptop is in MacBook. I don't know how it's done in Windows laptop.

System preference > universal accessibility > Pointer control > keep the double-click speed to the minimum.

Done !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC User here.

Just set the Double Click Speed of the Mosue Properties panel to FAST and initial test shows this method also works on a PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years after this post and it's still not fixed. I changed the mouse properties and it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @webcolormedia,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Thank you for confirming you were able to resolve the issue. If it happens again, you can also try ALT+Tab or Command+Tab to toggle from XD to see if this resolve the issue. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines