• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open XD stuck on logo screen on start up since 2 weeks

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried for over 2 weeks to get XD to start - but all I get is the start up screen with the logo - and it just stays that way. I have had the head of tech in our company, a real geek, to try and solve this using various admin and command promt related ways to try and solve this. He has given up. The problem remains.

Tried this:
- Uninstall and install many times. Both in safe mode and with restarts.
- Changed graphics drivers several times
- Various command promt related 
- Tried almost every single thing we could find online - none of them worked
- All other programs work just fine with my machine

Please help.

Also where do you get a Adobe ticket to the problem - do they give such support?

MY RIG 
WIN 10 64
Regards 
Jonas 

<Title renamed by moderator>

*** Rig: Win10 Pro. 64 RAM. RTX 2080 Ti. Intel i9 9900k. 4K monitor. Lastest updates. Lastest drivers. ***
TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jonas DK, if you also tried the methods as instructed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/adobe-xd-won-t-start-on-new-machine-windows-10/m... , you can contact support here: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/xd.html Let's see maybe meanwhile some other expert suggests something. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jonas DK,

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing issues while launching XD. In addition to what our expert has suggested, we would love to investigate the issue. The issue was fixed with XD 50 release. If you continue to experience the issue,  please generate logs and crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message so that we can investigate the issue.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the log files:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/amkloajy5brcmkc/AABvDIJ5mbul4sT7RmsPGguQa?dl=0

I cant seem to find a place where i can get a ticket on the issue. You know where? 🙂

*** Rig: Win10 Pro. 64 RAM. RTX 2080 Ti. Intel i9 9900k. 4K monitor. Lastest updates. Lastest drivers. ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas, as Harshika mentioned, all you need to do is sending the link of the logs to her, so this must be the required action on your side, you don't need to do anything else, I'm sure when she can, she'll also tell you that. You might want to also message her with that link of the logs. Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the log file, @Jonas DK. I have logged a bug for the issue so that our engineering team can investigate the issue.

I will update you as soon as I hear any updates from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jonas DK,

Thank you for being patient. The team is still investigating the issue and wanted to connect with you. Could you please share your phone number, location, and the best time to contact you with me over a private message so that we can help you further?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It started just this morning. I opened XD and worked for about 20 minutes. After I closed it and reopened about 30 minutes later I now get the perpetual start screen.

i9-9900K, 128G RAM, 8GB RTX 2080 SUPER, Windows 11 pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,

I am running Windows 11 pro on Intel i9-9900K, 128 RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB, and dual 4K monitors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Killian64Jonas DK/ A25586855s2sp,

Sorry for the delay in response, I have got the test build with the fix; would it be fine if I share the instructions with you to test it? 

Please let me know here so that I can share the details via private message. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share the details and I'll try it tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the build and instruction 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Killian64 and Jonas DK,

I have shared the instructions with you in a private message. Please ensure you don't open existing documents with that build and uninstall the test build after testing. 

Awaiting your response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the test build this morning. After install the program opens normally. However, after closing the program I am met with the perpetual startup screen with every attempt to re-open. I was able to open and save templates normally. As long as I keep the original window open I can open and close other documents in the program as normal. Once I close the original window (the window which opened immediately after install) I am again met with the startup screen. The only way I have been able to get the test build to work again is to uninstall then reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the info, Killian. I'll update these details in the case and get back to you if the product team needs anything else from your machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have triued to install the build both as admin and normal - but the install fails. Here is the sceershot of the error code.

error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas DK,

Sorry that you ran into this problem as well. I hope the rest of your day goes well. 🙂 

Here is what you can try to install the build. Uninstall XD from your machine and then try to install the test build.

If that doesn't work, please try the steps mentioned here- https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/exit-code-503-creative-cloud.html

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECT ANSWER HER:
I have tried that. Several times. Nothing. After a month i have had to REINSTALL MY ENTIRE PC JUST to get XD running again. So bad 😞 U tried ur best - but very very disappointing.

Why did u guys move to windows store with Xd. Seems like a bad decision... 

Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why are there several CORRECT ANSWERS marked inthis thread. They are not! ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jonas DK,

Thank you for being patient. Would you mind confirming if you're experiencing the issue on the current version of XD (55.1)? It looks like the issue is fixed with the current build.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD v55.2.12 is still having the startup issue on my Windows 11 desktop

(i9-9900K, 128G RAM, 8GB RTX 2080 SUPER, Windows 11 pro)

but the issue does not exist on my (Surface Pro 3, i5-4300U, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro)

It appears in Windows 11, the app is not terminating like it should. For every update, I need to manually terminate the app in order to prceed. Even after update, I have to reset the app using Windows Apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Killian64,

Sorry for the delay in response. Could you please try creating a new admin user account on the windows 11 machine? 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use the built-in admin account in Windows 11 and XD works without issues. Even with the new update, it still hangs when using my normal account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines